auto trans problem - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
auto trans problem
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:22 AM
ok i have the 4speed auto on my 97 2.4L...all mods listed in my profile...i do have the B&M shift+ always set on 2 and i had a trans flush in october

ok so here is the problem

after driving the car about 30min it starts having problems downshifting...examples are when just crusing at like 45mph i get on the gas a little to pass someone and it doesn't down shift to help acceleration...another example is when slowing down it doesn't downshift...i'll be off the gas to slow down and be at like 35mph and the motor is idling...also if i was going like 50 and i slow down to like 45 the motor is at 1500rpm...also sometimes but not as often the motor won't upshift till about 2500 and im barly on the gas when normily it will upshift at 2000

what is going on and what is causing it? am i looking at a new trans?

If I'm weird and everyone else is weird, does that make me normal?
-me

Versus Motorsports really @!#$ sucks
and so does DHL...but more

Re: auto trans problem
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:00 PM
anyone have an idea...really need to know if its going to be safe to drive sence im driving from phoenix to san diago in a couple days

If I'm weird and everyone else is weird, does that make me normal?
-me

Versus Motorsports really @!#$ sucks
and so does DHL...but more
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:21 PM
AZSpitFire97 (Todd) wrote:i do have the B&M shift+ always set on 2

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:24 PM
Maybe you should get your fluid changed now.
With auto's your really better off finding a reputable shop to give you an opinion though.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:38 PM
I don't know much about the b and m unit except that it would raise tv or main line pressure, causing the trans to shift late and hard or just hard.

And since the trans is electronically controled an you did tap into the input wires, you could have messed up some wiring.

Or now as I re-read your post, it could be that the clutches are slipping. Does it do it in any specific gear?
Also, make sure you have the correct amount of fluid in the trans. If overfilled it will aeriate (sp.?) the fluid causing it to overheat. This will make your clutches slip.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search