Head light removal - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Head light removal
Thursday, April 14, 2005 6:50 AM
Hello guys, new to the forum but have visited this site several times. Great site and people. I have done a search and came up empty so I decided to ask. I have a 02 2 door Cav. and I was trying to change a bust out light bulb in the headlight but have ran into a complication. I removed the plastic covering on top and then the 2 bolts holding the headlight assembly but the unit will not come out for me to get to the bulb. Something on the side marker / indicator is holding on at the corner to the fender but I can't see what it is nor am I able to reach behind there to feel whats catching. I'm afraid to pull too hard and break something so If anyone know what I'm running into, would appreciate the assistance. Thanks Steve.

Re: Head light removal
Thursday, April 14, 2005 7:52 AM
Ok, this gets a little tricky, especially without pics, so fire up the ol imagination and try to follow along.

If you look at the top of the headlight (lets assume you're working on the left one), right where the plastic bracket piece on the top of the headlight ends, directly over the clear part, you'll see a slot.

If you take a flashlight and look down into the slot, you'll see that the corner light is clipped to the headlight, thats whats holding it in. To unclip it, take a long flat bladed screw driver and stick it straight down into the slot, push towards the outside of the car, while trying to slide the clip towards you. You could also pull on the corner light while you are pushing on the clip, it will do the same thing.

On the right side, the slot is in the same location, between the headlight and the corner light on the top of the headlight housing.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, April 14, 2005 8:30 AM
Ok, so do I placed the clip back or throw it away. Is it necessary to place it back or will the unit rattle without it. I'll try it tonight when I get home. Thanks Steve.
Thursday, April 14, 2005 8:45 AM
The clip is attached to the corner light, so you can't loose it (unless you lose the corner light). You'll see what I mean when you get it out. The corner light is clipped to the headlight, reinstallation you just clip the corner light to the headlight, no bolts or anything for the corner lights.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, April 14, 2005 10:28 PM
ever check you owners manual, could be in there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search