car shakes in neutral - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car shakes in neutral
Friday, April 15, 2005 7:41 AM
ehy guys , i was just wondering why my car is shaking. whenever i turn it on and leave it in nuetral for a couple minutes, it starts to shake. its not a constant shake, but about every 15 to 20 seconds my engine will shake real bad. you can hear it in my exhaust as well. any ideas???

experience the "tilt"....... Yeah the whole right side of your car when im passing your a$$.......

Re: car shakes in neutral
Friday, April 15, 2005 8:38 AM
do your rpms jump or is it at a constant rpm? and what are your rpms at when it begins to do this?

MY 2003 SUNFIRE
Friday, April 15, 2005 12:35 PM
my rpms are at about 1000 and when it does it they go down to about 7 or 800

experience the "tilt"....... Yeah the whole right side of your car when im passing your a$$.......
Friday, April 15, 2005 1:07 PM
sounds like a misfire. When was the last time you did a tuneup?

Friday, April 15, 2005 1:22 PM
lol cant remember........

Friday, April 15, 2005 1:25 PM
my first thought was the spark plugs? could that be it?

Friday, April 15, 2005 2:06 PM
it could be, if they haven't been changed in a while one could be a bit fouled or out of gap. it's not a hard job to change them on a 2.4

Friday, April 15, 2005 2:39 PM
i think I'll do that tonight, thanks for the input...

Friday, April 15, 2005 5:24 PM
no prob, when you take off the idi cover check the underside of it. make sure it's not burnt. If it is you may need new spark plug boots.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search