Problem with rpm - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problem with rpm
Sunday, April 17, 2005 11:28 PM
im having this problem where when i push in the clutch on my car the revs dontchange they stay way up then when i shift and let out the cluch they drop. i have a 2000 sunfire gt with a 2.4, a cold air intake, ad a power raid on it. it just started doing this after i was on a roady, got back to town parked it and when to go out again and it had started. anyone have any ideas or see this before plz help. thanx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your crazy to think you are 100% in control at all times!!

Re: Problem with rpm
Sunday, April 17, 2005 11:35 PM
check to make sure that all your electrical connections on the IAC valve and TPS are plugged in correctly. if that doesnt help, perhaps your TPS needs to be replaced.

Peace Out!!!
Monday, April 18, 2005 2:28 AM
the TPS is not the problem here. check for vacuum leaks before anything else. since you add a CAI, check every vacuum hose. one hose may not be plug.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Monday, April 18, 2005 11:02 AM
i have had the CAI on there now for about a year and it has worked fine up till now

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, April 18, 2005 11:04 AM
when you turn on the engine, do the rpms go up on their own or does it idle normal? does it only increase the rpms when you shift?

Peace Out!!!
Monday, April 18, 2005 11:32 AM
yep iuts fine when it is ideling.....but i figured out the problem its tps. so thanks for everyones help.

Monday, April 18, 2005 11:33 AM
sweet, i was right.

Peace Out!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search