A/C growl???? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A/C growl????
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 7:17 AM
Okay, I got to use my a/c for the first time this year as of yesterday and It started making this growl. I turned the dial all the way to cold and turned the fan up, and then I pushed my a/c button and it started growling. I pushed the a/c button again to turn it off and it quit. I rulled out my fan motor because I only get the noise when the a/c is engaged. My fan could be on high and it's quiet until I want to turn the a/c on. I did a little bit of searching, but all of the forums I read had to do with the a/c not working at all, or the blower motor making noise. Well, my a/c works (it blows cold air) and my fan works, so I'm lost?? Any suggestions??

Officer: Do you know how fast you were going??
Me: Fast enough to get you to put down the coffee and doughnut!
Officer: (scowls)
Me: great, now I'm REALLY gonna get a ticket huh?

Re: A/C growl????
Tuesday, April 19, 2005 5:22 PM
The clutch on ur ac compressor look like is going bad. When u have AC u should use it all year long, not all the time but it's good to make it work at least once a week so the clutch on it work a bit.
Re: A/C growl????
Wednesday, April 20, 2005 6:55 AM
Thanks, I'll have to check that out. My b/f is a mechanic and my dad is a body man, but do you REALLY think that they have time to work on my stuff?? riiiiiiiggghtt... lol Now that I have some idea of what it may be I'll make my b/f look at it.

Officer: Do you know how fast you were going??
Me: Fast enough to get you to put down the coffee and doughnut!
Officer: (scowls)
Me: great, now I'm REALLY gonna get a ticket huh?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search