RUST!!!!!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RUST!!!!!!
Thursday, April 21, 2005 6:51 PM
tonight as i was looking at my undercarriage( i was looking cause my back was making a weird noise , found problem) anyways, i noticed too big circles full of rust. they look bad. My dad said its gonna spread like cancer...... what should i do..? should i cut the rust out and patch it? help please!!!! i want to do somting about it before its too late!

experience the "tilt"....... Yeah the whole right side of your car when im passing your a$$.......

Re: RUST!!!!!!
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 12:38 AM
there is a product that you can get at home depot, it prevents rust from happening, and it help repair rust. The product should be by the glues (in the paint department) I fI am not mistaken the product is make by loc-tyte (sp) they both are small spray cans. One can has a white top, the other can has a black top. Look at both and decide from there.

dan

BLAH!!
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 1:56 AM
cut them out weld new ones in. best way. but hardest.

-Borsty
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:19 AM
I've been taking my 1996 Cavalier two-door apart and am getting a pretty good idea where these suckers rust (at least up here in Canada).

I've got the hood off, the front fenders removed, the bumper supports and skins (front and back), the underlying plastic panel thingies, etc., and the car looks good from the front back until you hit the back of the car (underneath the heavy rear bumper support).

The flat, vertical panel at the back (that connects the floor pan, the rear quarters, holds the trunk latch, etc.) is rusted from half way down to the bottom (especially around the points where the sub frames butt up to it where it's spot welded together).

Other than the back panel, things look pretty decent. I guess a lot of snow and salt collect between the back panel and the bumper support, at least from what I see.

Regards.
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 5:27 PM
My 2002 is starting to rust badly too..

Dark blue 2002 Z24, 2.4 Ltr.
Thursday, April 28, 2005 6:31 AM
My front suspension crossmember rusted out & broke while I was driving........
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search