what does this dash light mean? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what does this dash light mean?
Saturday, April 23, 2005 9:04 PM
Sorry for the terrible picture, my paint skills aren't the best...he he

Anyways, my sister called me today and said this light came on, on the dash of her 2000 Cavi. Can somebody tell me what this means? Thanks

Jason

Re: what does this dash light mean?
Saturday, April 23, 2005 9:05 PM
low coolant

wanna see a dead body, @$^# around and you'll be it
Friday, April 29, 2005 8:44 PM
YA thats it. mine came on today too, I just bought some of the premixed anti-freeze from Canadian Tire. Yes the orange stuff is long gone. I think I might have a slow leak in one of my hoses. The light would come on when I made a tight turn but would turn off after a couple of seconds but then one day it just stayed on. I would check her hoses too. That coolant had to go somewhere. The only time I know you should lose coolant is if it's overfilled and it boils over. Other than that it's leaking somewhere. One thing I'm going to check is my spark plugs, if they have a white powder on then it means your burning coolant(VERY BAD).
Friday, April 29, 2005 10:46 PM
orange stuff is dexcol and NEEDS to be used in our cars not the green crap

Saturday, April 30, 2005 1:34 PM
dexcol and regular rad fluid = sludge, dont do it EVER never mix them, dexcol is in there for a reason replace your fluids wiht the porper stuff.
Saturday, April 30, 2005 4:51 PM
As stated it is the low coolant light. After the engine has cooled look at the dex cool level in your overflow. If it is full it could be possable that the coolant level sensor is bad.

Team Tach Out
Http://www.team-tachout.com/
Falmouth,VA
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search