Wiring Harness HELP!? between 2.2 and 2200 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wiring Harness HELP!? between 2.2 and 2200
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 6:13 AM
I am getting ready to do an engine swap from the 2.2 to the 2200 in a 96 cavalier and i was curious if the dashwiring harnesses are the same??? i have the entire engine/components ECU and engine wiring harness from the 2200 and if the dash harness is the same it will save me from having to acquire a dash harness and rewiring the inside ...Thanks in advance..

Re: Wiring Harness HELP!? between 2.2 and 2200
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:44 AM
The 2.2 and the 2200 are the same, no? Unless you're putting an ECOTEC in.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:14 AM
I know the engines arent quite Identical and the engine wiring harnesses between the 2 engines (2.2 being out of a 96 and 2200 being out of a 01) are somewhat different at the map sensor and fuel injectors.... that is why i went ahead and got the engine wiring harness and ECU ..so i can just swap that too ... The onlything i can really imagine being any different on the inside wiring harness would be for the gauge cluster... since the 01 ecu actually stores mileage on the ECU and the 96 has a manual odometer no digital miles gauge ...there has to be wiring to send the info of mileage from the ecu to the digital readout on the 01 cluster ... ...... so basically i just wanted to make sure it will connect and operate ...or should i invest in an 01 cluster and a dash wiring harness from an 01 also..?
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:31 AM
Doesnt the 01 Have a BCM too?

96 All motor 5 Speed Z24, Best time 15.97@86MPH
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:42 AM
You're definitely right, ididnt even think of that ... .... :S i dont know why i didnt think of it but oh well... i suppose I may invest in the bcm or i might just run the engine off my current ecu like others have and just splice the wires ... I just dont like the idea of that too much tho ... just seems like the wrong thing to do lol .. :S ....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search