2005 Fuel Guage prob, dealer can't get it right - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2005 Fuel Guage prob, dealer can't get it right
Monday, May 15, 2006 8:17 AM
ive brought my car in twice for warranty work to get this thing fixed.....they sitll have not figured it out, i even brought them pictures of the guage doing it and all kinds of little details about how and when it does it

it seems to do it like 2-3 shut-off's after i fill the tank, it sometimes does it when the tank is not full but i can always make it do it after filling up. It will be messed up for about 2-4 shut off's after it starts messing up and then it's fine again. When i shut the car off the guage will get sort of hung up like so

it should go all the way down like the temp guage does, and like right now it's down where it's sopost to be, it doesnt do it all the time.

here is what it looks like after you start the car when the guage is hung up like that

sometimes it's worse, it will hit the temp guage and keep it down around half way it gets so bad. It seems like the guage is reading correctly, but because it gets stuck it starts reading from the wrong starting position, therefore it would be the guage. The dealer hasnt touched the guage/cluster yet. They did a "software update for the PCM" and Replaced fuel level sensor after finding a slight glitch in the OHMED sensor. Neither worked....

any ideas??? i just want to get this thing fixed, it's not a big deal just kind of annoying.

Re: 2005 Fuel Guage prob, dealer can't get it right
Monday, May 15, 2006 8:57 AM
Needs a new cluster. Fuel guage drive is out of wack.

Re: 2005 Fuel Guage prob, dealer can't get it right
Monday, May 15, 2006 10:16 AM
I've gone through the same thing.

Took it in they wanted to replace the fuel lever sender.
That wasn't the faulty part.
I told them to replace the cluster. They did. It fixed the problem.

That of course is a simplified version. The longer one is a bit more frustrating.

Re: 2005 Fuel Guage prob, dealer can't get it righ
Monday, May 15, 2006 10:23 AM
zsquee24 wrote:Needs a new cluster. Fuel guage drive is out of wack.
X2

Monday, May 15, 2006 11:42 AM
I've got a cluster i'll sell you really cheap if you need one PM me.

Monday, May 15, 2006 4:20 PM
if that is the only gauge , the its very possible the cluster

ive also seen clusters do that when the battery is low , and has trouble turning over to start , but that was usually with 2 of the gauges doing it

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search