Where is turn signal flasher located on 2000 Cavalier? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where is turn signal flasher located on 2000 Cavalier?
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 3:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

I need to replace my turn signal flasher relay, but can't find where it is located. I have checked near the steering column, but can't seem to find it.

Can someone please tell me the exact location?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Re: Where is turn signal flasher located on 2000 Cavalier?
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 8:41 PM
It is attached to the brake pedal bracket (not to be confused with the stop lamp switch).

Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:39 PM
I checked that location and maybe I'm blind but I can't seem to find it. Is it possible for you to post a picture?
Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:54 PM
Any chance it's in the fuse panel when you open the drivers door?

Thursday, December 14, 2006 6:03 PM
you can love me later, It's behind the black piece here, you gotta remove it first.

Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:25 PM
Thanks for posting the pic, but I did remove that black plastic piece and the flasher isn't there. There is a white plastic module that appears to be a brake sensor of some sort. There are 2 plugs going into it, but no flasher.

What does the flasher actually look like? If the part I have is correct, it is just a black relay that looks like a cube with multiple prongs coming out one end. Is this correct?
Friday, December 15, 2006 5:17 PM
FstCavZ24 (M62 ECO) wrote:Any chance it's in the fuse panel when you open the drivers door?

Sunday, December 17, 2006 6:17 PM
ToBoGgAn wrote:
FstCavZ24 (M62 ECO) wrote:Any chance it's in the fuse panel when you open the drivers door?

Nope, not there. There is a relay there, but it isn't for the turn signal flasher.

Any more suggestions where I can look?

Thanks,
Dan
Sunday, December 17, 2006 6:44 PM
Well, according to my FSM and also my Haynes manual, it should be attached to the brake pedal bracket. But if you can't find it, I would suggest you visit your dealer's parts department. In their digital parts manuals, they have detailed images of where every identifiable part is located on your car. In my experience, the PD guys are usually more than happy to print out the specific page that shows the location of any part that you are looking for.

Sunday, December 17, 2006 6:49 PM
hayes manual says above brake pedal.....if i could find my service manual i would give you a picture....maybe ill look for it tom.

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Monday, December 18, 2006 10:36 AM
It's above the switches on the brake pedal. It's a bright green (almost neon green) relay box, tucked above the accelerator pedal.

Monday, December 18, 2006 10:41 AM
make sure to check your blinker fluid

Monday, December 18, 2006 11:17 AM
John Lenko wrote:It's above the switches on the brake pedal. It's a bright green (almost neon green) relay box, tucked above the accelerator pedal.

Yes I saw that tucked up in the dash, but the casing of the replacement flasher relay I have looks different and has a different # on it, so I assumed the green box you mention was not the flasher.

I will try swapping the flasher relay I have and see if it fixes my signal problems.

Thanks for the help.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:24 AM
I recently changed the flasher unit on a 95...... I know it's prob way different, but figured I'd share my experience anyway in case you(or someone else at some point) could get something out of it.

I removed the plastic panel under the dash above the pedals...there was a flasher unit off to the left on the firewall.....this turned out to be the hazard light flasher unit. The turning signal unit was mounted under the steering column clipped to a little piece of metal/bracket. I had to use a flashlight and reach way up under the column.

The part itself just looked like a small tin cup/cylinder. Here is an image I found on google images (looked pretty much like this). http://motorcarsltd.com/itemimages/IN103089.JPG

Something else to keep in mind...some makes/models/years will not flash if you have a single bulb burnt out.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:49 AM
Thanks guys, the neon green relay was in fact the turn flasher. My turn signals now work

Thanks for all the help.
Thursday, February 01, 2007 12:21 PM
Ha! Searching does work!!!

My mom's 2000 Cavalier just had this same problem where the turn signals would work, then they wouldn't, etc. I got myself a new flahser which was neon green and just replaced it and everything work fine and dandy. Thing was a pain in the ass to get to, above the brake pedal and almost to where the steering column was. Had a tough time getting those plastic tabs that hold it to the steel disconnected.
Thursday, February 01, 2007 5:08 PM
Have a friend, he's about 250 pounds...

When he has an under-the-dash problem, he asks me to volunteer...

All it takes, lay down on a front seet on your back...

Hook your legs over the back of the front seat...

Scoot under the dash looking up because you're head is upside down...

(Good for blood circulation to your upper body <G>
Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:24 AM
Is this the same location on an 01 cavy? and does anyone know if it is a 2 pin or 3 pin setup? i'm installing led lights in rear, and front turn signals and have seen a flasher made just for leds supposedly, but have only found a three pin so far.

http://

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 8:35 AM
As I said before...

John Lenko wrote:It's above the switches on the brake pedal. It's a bright green (almost neon green) relay box, tucked above the accelerator pedal.

It's a 5 pin bright neon green electronic flasher. Looks like a Bosch relay.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search