Headlight problem with 2001 Chevy Cavalier - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headlight problem with 2001 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, April 21, 2007 12:46 PM
I have a 2001 Chevy Cavalier. At first, the signal for the daytime running lights flashed a few times with a clicking noise when I put the car into gear and then it flashed to the service light. When this first started happening, the left headlight was out. Then all of a sudden the right headlight went out, so now I have no headlights as well as no daytime running lights. My high beams work fine. I changed both bulbs in both headlights, and they still don't work. Does anyone have any idea why they still don't work? Could it be a relay problem? And how should I go about getting this fixed?

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Headlight problem with 2001 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, April 21, 2007 7:55 PM
i just had the same problem i took my car to the dealership i had them do an oil change fix the drl lights and fog lights and that came out to like 115 bucks just the drl lights was 65 bucks
Monday, April 23, 2007 5:29 AM
Check the relay switch for your headlights. I had the exact same problem (high beams only, clicking noise about 2 seconds after shifting out of park, and the warning light). The replacement relay I believe will cost you about $50 (although I got mine through a mechanic). Funny thing is man is when I read your problem, I thought for a second that I was reading an old post of mine. You have exactly the same problem I had, including it being the left headlight out first.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Monday, April 23, 2007 8:34 AM
Might be related, might not be, my 99, so different style lights 1 bulb vs 2, i had problems having no lowbeams lights...replaced the switch (signal light lever w/ cruise button) and solved my issues fine, before it was a corroded wire up at the front that run along the top lip of the bumper...just my experience with headlight troubles.

Monday, April 23, 2007 10:45 AM
Quote:

Might be related, might not be, my 99, so different style lights 1 bulb vs 2, i had problems having no lowbeams lights...replaced the switch (signal light lever w/ cruise button) and solved my issues fine, before it was a corroded wire up at the front that run along the top lip of the bumper...just my experience with headlight troubles.

Funny, I had the EXACT same problem with my '99 Cavalier. Turns out the windshield washer fill is located near all the battery grounds (under the battery plate). Apparently, the previous owner wasn't careful and spilled the highly corrosive liquid on the wires.

You Must Be Fast, 'Cuz I Was Haulin' Ass When I passed You!!!
1999 Cavalier Z24 w/ Toyota Cavalier tail lights.
1988 Buick LeSabre T-Type
1983 Buick Regal T-Type
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search