oil in the throtle body? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
oil in the throtle body?
Sunday, June 03, 2007 3:55 AM
2000 z24 ive been loosing oil rapidlyi just recently took off my maf and their was oil in the s hose and throttle body im not sur how to fix it can anyone help? also i have a tic in the engine is that normal? if not how do i fix it?

Re: oil in the throtle body?
Sunday, June 03, 2007 4:35 AM
do you also have oil in your ait filter box?

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:35 AM
yea its burning somewere to im loosing it do u know how i can fix it?
Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:49 AM
the ticking..could be your valves need to be tightened, at least that's what all the mechanics told me was wrong w/ my car when it was ticking..i don't know if it's right though i just changed my motor instead

4 door civic on the way i need a daily driver
Sunday, June 03, 2007 8:46 AM
My enigne consumes about a quart every 1000 miles and i have no idea where its going cuz its not being smoked out the back or leaking so im stuck with you on that. About the ticking, does it happen all of the time or only sometimes like when revving or accelerating?

Sunday, June 03, 2007 11:22 AM
From what I hear a quart every 1000 miles is normal esp. for older cars

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, June 03, 2007 1:52 PM
yeah their is oil in the airflow its coming from a hose in the engine through the airflow sucked right into the throttle body. if i rev it to 4500 to 5500 RPM for a long period of time then i smell burnt oil is it normal for a 2.4 twin cam? and the ticking is only when its idling? normal or not?
Sunday, June 03, 2007 6:00 PM
I believe you are referring to the cv line,I hope your not sitting in neutral and holding the revs up that high for a long period of time ,even though the rev limitor is usually 4000.Oil in the box is normal that is why it's called an air/oil separator.The ticking your hearing is probably your injectors,that is normal.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:12 PM
no oil in the box!
Wednesday, June 13, 2007 9:01 PM
Where does your PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) go to? It's supposed to vent flammable crankcase fumes to be burnt by the engine, but it can belch oil if it's malfunctioning. Usually they are vented into the intake past the filter to avoid saturating it with oil.

If the PCV valve is NOT stuck open due to gunk, carbon buildup, etc... well, I'm afraid it might be piston-ring blow by. This is a pretty bad thing. An engine like that can keep running for a long time, but it pollutes HORRIBLY. Blow-by doesn't always cause billowing smoke from your exhaust either, so don't rule it out if it doesn't smoke at all. Let's hope for a sticking PCV valve
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search