NEED HELP ASAP - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEED HELP ASAP
Saturday, November 17, 2007 9:31 AM
I just put my ecotec engine back in and got everything hooked up.. When it idles funny. Fuel pressure is supposed to be 35-55 . If i have it at 35 it runs funny if i turn it up more it runs even worse. If i cut it down to 25 It runs perfect. Im pretty sure this is not normally. I need help asap. Also i read that engine knock is bad. Is this a common sence sound?? I dont wont to wreck this new motor please help. I have comp cams eagle rods weseco pistons compression=8-5.1 i think. SOMEONE HELP

Re: NEED HELP ASAP
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 6:52 AM
Let me get this straight. You have low compression pistons in an N/A car???
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:36 AM
Its a cavalier 2002. It sounds like its hitting on 3 cyclinders. Had it checked with the code finder thing. Said it was not hitting on cyclinder number 1. Changed coil pack. That did not help. I took it to a shop and they said that the fuel injectors were WRONG for the engine and that the fuel injector harness was cracked. They said its not a ignition problem. BUT a fuel system prob. THe shop i took it to, they oringinaly put that turbo on the first car so the injectors are correct. They came with the hahn stage 2. I need serious help. im fixing to go get it from this shop and put it back in the drive way. They guy is a @$$hole and is real short. He said he aint working on it no more. THis is bs and i was my car back. How do i test all fuel injectors. I have a pressure gauge. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPp

owner of 2002 ls sport cavalier and 2007 cobalt ss
Saturday, November 24, 2007 5:45 AM
unplug the #1 injector and see if it runs any diff

is there a separate ecu for the injectors for the turbo?

just to make sure, the injectors are not stock? but probably high flow injectors?

if they are not stock injectors, do you plan on putting stock injectors in until you put the turbo back in?

need to clarifiy
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search