headlight - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
headlight
Monday, November 19, 2007 5:46 PM
ok ill start off by start off by saying sorry for posting hear now the reason im posting here is to get more views and i wouldnt do this and know better but im in a crunch. i am leaving tom to go out of town like a lot of people do. well last night by headlight bulb went out and my service light came on. so i went out and looked and sure enough the headlight isnt working. now the daytime lamp works and the amber light but the when you turn on the lights only the daytime light comes on. so i went today and replaced the bulb after work and to my luck same thing. so i checked the wiring and wiring looks good and is connected good as well. now my question is what else should i check? i need to fix it tonight cuz im leaving early in the morning.

i got pulled over twice just tonight and got a fix it ticket and have 30 days to fix it but what im affraid of is getting more in other counties while im traving. please help me i just dont have the time to do it in the morning and need to get it done tonight. plus i have a 4 month old son and want to be safe cuz it isnt not easy to see being that i almost hit a guy walking the street.(keep in mind he was wearing dark clothing and there are no street lights over in that area. so any suggestions and help is greatly appreachiated thanks in advance and again im sorry for posting in the wrong area

Re: headlight
Monday, November 19, 2007 6:47 PM
MAINENANCE FORUM

Performance Forum
Discussions about performance modifications to j-body automobiles which do not involve any kind of forced induction or nitrous. Topics in any way related to turbo or supercharger should go in the Boost forum, and nitrous topics in the Nitrous Oxide forum.

OBEY THE RULES

Monday, November 19, 2007 6:59 PM
oh shut up i already stated that if you would read i just need a quick answer maybe i overlooked something that can be done to fix the problem but post to help not to flame piss off
Monday, November 19, 2007 7:03 PM
my guess is the multifunction switch crapped out.

Monday, November 19, 2007 7:10 PM
and where is the multifunction switch? also when i put my brights on the blue light saying my brights are on doesnt come on
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:18 AM
Tyler Lemburg wrote:oh shut up i already stated that if you would read i just need a quick answer maybe i overlooked something that can be done to fix the problem but post to help not to flame piss off

Wow easy does it bud

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:29 AM
well i dont see the point in going out of your way to flame somebody when someone else could take the same amount of time to help somebody. if you dont know the answer and nothing to help then you shouldnt post some stupid bs.

So back on topic anyother areas to try looking? is there a switch relay somewhere or a fuse that i should try to check? if so where are the located. Also the multifuction i hope is not the problem because from what i researched you have to remove the air bag and steering wheel to get to. no lights are flashing like others had stated when they where having problems. turn signals work fine, wiper works fine, only thing that doesnt work is the left headlight when the light is turned on the daytime running light on the left side is on and not switching to the brighter headlight.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:42 AM
if youd learn to post in the right dam forum , you wouldnt get E-slapped like the little bitch you are

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:50 AM
and did i not state that i dont post in the wrong forum that i did just this once because i needed an quick answer and thought it might be something simple that i overlooked. obvisouly you dont have any kids and so that explains a lot and you dont know what it is like to not have all the time in the world to get something done. so if you are going to post to help then cool thanks but if not quit being your little e-thug acting self cuz if it gets your jollies off acting like a prick than wow you need to get a life
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:52 AM
screw quick answer , next i suppose your gonna say driving the wrong way on a road is ok

rules and laws are called that for a REASON , learn um and live by um , or go take a leap off a large cliff

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:19 PM
whatever i suppose you follow everything by the book never did anything wrong in your life and are perfect right? or was that what you were going to say next. you know its people like you that ruin this site and what is was intended for and that is to help fellow car owners out. not to sit here and bash them when they need help. if you dont want to help and just to sit here and agrue with me then do it over pms dont waste everyone elses time in making them go through the garbage on here.

so again back on topic any one know of what else to look for

mods please move this if need be thanks

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 2:08 PM
whats worse is your no better than a noob , and youve been here 3 years and aint learned jack crap

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:31 PM
any one have a fuse box diagram for the cover i no longer have the cover. i just need to know what fuse is what. i did a search and found a couple of posts asking for this but all the diagrams were pre 2000. does anyone know if there the same for a 2005 cavalier

thanks
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:38 AM
I have a '01 2..4 sunfire
I'm not sure if 01 and 05 would have the same diagram, but if you can find that out, and if they do, let me know.
i can take a picture of the diagrams and post them here for you.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 7:53 AM
thank you from what i have seen in the chilton and haynes book they say 2001 up is the same but there is no fuse panel diagram in the book. i also tried my library and no luck.

im on my phone typing this message so sorry it is is formated weird
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:13 AM
ok tonight after work I will take a picture of the fuse box diagram.
did you want the one in the take, near the drivers door, or under the door?

another thing to. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but i'm in Canada. I know the gauges are a bit different, but i'm not sure about the fuse box.

the picture will be posted at around 6(atlantic time).

Matt
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:41 AM
the one fuse box that you have to open the drivers door to get to. its on the left side of the dash. thank you for doing that and i dont think it will matter about you being from canada. thanks again
Thursday, November 22, 2007 4:00 PM
I tried taking a picture and I cannot seem to focus in on the words, it's always very blurry

sorry
it there any specific one you wanted me to check
Thursday, November 22, 2007 4:59 PM
i just need to know where the light fuses are for the left or right or what all they are that could be used for lights
Friday, November 23, 2007 12:19 PM
Sounds abit like your switch, go to the breakers yard and buy one, there like $3 or summin. Fit it and hopefully problem solved.

Thats what mine was, though my high beams still worked correctly.

(99 - Sunfire - Red - 2200)(95 - Cavalier z24 - Purple - 2.3 quad four)

Saturday, November 24, 2007 1:56 AM
which switch

Sunday, November 25, 2007 6:47 AM
ok I was able to get the picture here it is
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/moosehead85/101_0037.jpg
Sunday, November 25, 2007 7:34 AM
i am having the same prop,i have no headlight on left side just daytime funning lights was wondering where the multifuntion switch is
Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:12 PM
so what else is there to check. im out of ideas and no one seems to know around here (meaning in my area local shops) what else to check or look for
Thursday, November 29, 2007 12:26 PM
when my signal lights were not working properly, I had to replace my signal relay. I noticed on this relay that it controlled other componants, one for example was the parking lights. I cannot remember if it controlled anything about the headlights however.
the relay is located under the steering wheel, and it is a neon green box. Unless someone can tell you for sure that it has nothing to do with headlights, you might want to take a look at that. I was able to get it at a junk yard for 5$, works fine now.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search