CEL Light - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CEL Light
Thursday, January 24, 2008 10:51 PM
I have a 2005 Cavalier and when i accelerate it flashes at me. But other than that its fine. Any ideas on what could be causing it?

Re: CEL Light
Thursday, January 24, 2008 11:06 PM
lose wire maybe for the light. but have the car scanned at autozone anyway

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, January 24, 2008 11:17 PM
Flashing CEL used to be misfire.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Friday, January 25, 2008 1:08 AM
I would check for cracks or breaks in youre plug wires, Also Could need a set of spark plugs.

Good Luck.
Friday, January 25, 2008 6:09 PM
rich weeks wrote:I would check for cracks or breaks in youre plug wires, Also Could need a set of spark plugs.

Good Luck.

Eco doesn't have plug wires.

Could be a bad coil pack, could be a lot of things, but yes, a flashing CEL means misfire.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:11 PM
Alright had the car coded at autozone and nothing so i will be putting spark plugs in friday and if that dont fix it then a new coil pack will be on...thx for all the help....but i have another question.....here lately my gauges have been acting up....like i could be goin down the road and all of a sudden my fuel and temp gauge will just fall flat and my check gauges, theft system,maintenance needed and my brake lights come on. But then they will come back up and only the theft system and maintenance needed lights stay on. And occasionally my speedometer and tachometer will fall and come back on. Could this be an issue with the spark plugs?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search