Another Headlight problem - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another Headlight problem
Monday, January 28, 2008 6:49 PM
Hey Everyone I jsut got this car a week or so ago, and I am discovering I have a problem with the headlights.
It is a 99 Cav, 2.2 L 5 spd. It was giving me no high beams and only DRLs so I cleaned the ground at the battery box and that fixed that problem.
But now the car has high beams but when they are on the high beam light isn't on in the dash. ( I think they're high beams) Inside or outside bulb high beams? But when I turn on my low beams They go to DRL's .
Any ideas? I was thinking the DRL relay? possibly?

Thanks!

ShowFire

Re: Another Headlight problem
Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:47 PM
Alright after further investigation here is my problems
Bulbs are good,
DRL Relay was replaced,
I DONT have HIGH BEAMS
I do have low beams and when i try to go to Highs it just goes to DRL's
Ground at teh battery box was cleaned up so that is emilinated

I do ahve a problems with my gas guage stays at Full, and My Dig trip odometer/reg odometer, the numbers go kinda screwey at times
So I am thinking the cluster is the problem. Anyone know what Clusters I Can interchange? Can I put one in that isn't a dig Odometer? Because I have one from a 95 Sunfire, that is a reg od, and I know everything works on.

Someone PLEASE help!!!

ShowFire

Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:58 PM
Don't have any idea bout the light right now but it has to be the same cluster. I know the clusters and sender units like to go bad in our cars. You can get a cluster from a cavi to as long as its the same
Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:01 PM
Sorry i ment you could take it from a sunfire (I need to go premium so i can edit)
Friday, February 01, 2008 6:00 PM
Searched some more adn I can't run a sunfire cluster since it doesn't fit!

ShowFire

Friday, February 01, 2008 6:15 PM
i have a cluster for sale 40.00+10.00 shipping black face, blue lights,white needles. i can mail u pics

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search