2.2l coolant bleed help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2l coolant bleed help
Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:35 PM
Where are the bleed screws or what is the proper procedure to empty and fill coolant in a 2000 2.2l? I see one bleed screw on the pipe going into the firewall but no others?

Re: 2.2l coolant bleed help
Thursday, February 07, 2008 2:20 PM
If its not the eco and its a 2200 or LN2 there is one on the black pipe that sits in front of you header. and then there is another that is located on the same place as the thermostat. I had a h$ll of a time getting air out of my radiator when I flushed the system. But I just would run the car and then bleed it bit by bit. I bet there is a better way but that is what I did after I got the airlock out of the radiator that wasn't fun. Hope that helps.
Thursday, February 07, 2008 3:35 PM
I usually just leave the cap off until the temp levels out; that's always worked better than the bleeder valves on my 2000 2200.

Friday, February 08, 2008 8:54 AM
Agent Omega wrote:I usually just leave the cap off until the temp levels out; that's always worked better than the bleeder valves on my 2000 2200.

exactly, since your rad reservoir is the highest point the air bubbles will exit from there. Just leave the cap off and let the car idle, I usually squeeze the upper rad hose a bit but watch your hands lol.

Friday, February 08, 2008 10:14 PM
M-1 Erma Jean (TWW) wrote:If its not the eco and its a 2200 or LN2 there is one on the black pipe that sits in front of you header. and then there is another that is located on the same place as the thermostat. I had a h$ll of a time getting air out of my radiator when I flushed the system. But I just would run the car and then bleed it bit by bit. I bet there is a better way but that is what I did after I got the airlock out of the radiator that wasn't fun. Hope that helps.

just so you know .. "the other bleeder screw" isn't where the thermostat is. if you have the 2.2 and im sure the 2200 also, you will see the other screw right under the intake hose. it will be facing up

]
Monday, February 11, 2008 4:53 AM
Looking though the pages can help.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search