Computer under front right fender - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Computer under front right fender
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:23 PM
Does anyone know what the computer that is placed under the front right fender controls??? when I switched out my serpentine belt I noticed that one of the wire harnesses had been rubbing on one of the pullys and had actually cut through a wire.... nothing seems to be electronically wrong with the car all lights work/ ac works / heat works/ horn works.....

Re: Computer under front right fender
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 2:29 PM
That is the engine control module (ECM). I'd patch that wire just in case

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:18 PM
Alright so its the ECM.... for some reason I cannot find a wiring diagram in my haynes manual..... this wire is with a bunch of wires that run up from the ECM behind the right headlight and T into another line then they run back towards the firewall...
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:24 PM
So the PCM = ECM..... figured that out....

Now there's only 2 yellow wires that come out of the pcm... one is yellow/black and goes to the automatic transaxle fluid pressure valve.... and the other goes to a shift solenoid valve.... what should I be seeing if one of these was not functioning?/? the car is running 100% fine engine isn't rough... shifts smoothly (it's an automatic)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:31 PM
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:47 PM
If its just the one wire, it could be possible that it compensated for the missing sensor, but I'm that type of person that is "better safe than sorry"

I'd wager that if either of those sensors weren't functioning, it would shift differently.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:49 PM
hmmm... next time i'm at a wreckers I'll grab a good one and splice it in... I agree with the better safe then sorry...
Thursday, February 28, 2008 4:31 PM
just get some similar gauge wire, two crimp on connectors and some heat shrink tubing and fix it.

Scott
2002 Audi S4, black
1996 Z24 auto, red

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search