Why is car burning gas fast? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Why is car burning gas fast?
Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:05 AM
i drive from missouri to chicago, every few weeks, n it usually takes close to half a tank. but now it take a full tank plus some. and it started doing this suddenly. has anyone had this happen, or know what the cause coulde be. i was told that it may be the oxygen sensor. but is there anyhing else it could b or does that sound right.

Re: Why is car burning gas fast?
Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:21 PM
Has the CE light came on at all? How about the Trac Off light? Have you noticed any issues while driving?

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:27 PM
I have the same exact problem i drive from to chicago and back everyday (90 miles a day) and i fill up 2x every 5 days. HELP WOULD BE SWEET!
Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:43 PM
If there are no codes give it a tune up. If it is throwing codes fix what is wrong with it and give it a tune up.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 3:11 PM
if i dont let it sit n run for a min when i start it also jerks. its a 96 sunfire gt. the check engine light is own too.
Thursday, March 27, 2008 3:19 PM
double posting doesnt help your mileage

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Friday, March 28, 2008 10:49 AM
yea my brake, trac off and another light (maybe ce) come on all the time.....and my gas is horible...also when i turn my car on it revs by itself for some time.

im looking to change oxygen sensors, gas filter, injectors, spark plugs, spark plug wires and air filter to see what i get.

"Sunfire got stolen, all i have is the J to remember it by"
Friday, March 28, 2008 12:06 PM
I mean seriously, "yeah my check engine light is on and I dont understand why my milage sucks" WTF. Figure out what the codes are and get sh!t fixed.

You might have well of came on here and said "I don't want to help myself, can you waste your time and help me figure this @!#$ out because I don't want to use the common since approach"

I hate idiots.

Friday, March 28, 2008 12:07 PM
Oh yeah by the way, your milage sucks because you are an idiot.

Friday, March 28, 2008 12:30 PM
brandon, what the fu(k !?!?!?!?!? i fu(kin told you yesterday it was prolly the cat, and you said, and i quote " ill have to have that checked out "

here you are with ANOTHER BS thread !?!?! i want to know why
Friday, March 28, 2008 9:54 PM
Synthet1k X wrote:brandon, what the fu(k !?!?!?!?!? i fu(kin told you yesterday it was prolly the cat, and you said, and i quote " ill have to have that checked out "

here you are with ANOTHER BS thread !?!?! i want to know why

I am gettin it checked out, but jus lettin it b known wat else is up.

Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:31 AM
Have you changed your fuel filter any time soon? You MIGHT want to check that out. Also, it does seem that I am using a lot more gas during the winter time. I'm sure your speed has everything to do with it. 70 is a good speed but 65 will give you wonderful gas mileage.

-dan

Saturday, March 29, 2008 8:43 PM
Speed has a lot to do with it i will agree on that one, if you floorboard it all the time your mileage will drop like a rocket if you slam on the brakes constantly and tailgate etc that will effect it also. Personally if it were me a tune up would be the first thing i would think about if that produced no results i'd take it to the dealer and let them handle it. Since i'm not a do it myself person unless the job looks simple i spend the extra money but that is just me , everyone has their own ideas and own approach as to how to handle their own car.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search