1994 headlights not working - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1994 headlights not working
Monday, October 27, 2008 8:47 PM

Hi all

I haven`t been on this forum for a couple of years but I still have my 1994 Cavalier wagon. You people were pretty useful in the past so I`m tryin` again...The headlights don`t work on my wagon. The bulbs, circuit breaker seem fine. I checked at the plug and there is no power on either high or low beam. the only lights I have is the daytime running lights when I start/run it. The tail and park lights come on with the switch so I THINK that is OK... I have the wiring diagram from alldatapro for my car but I don`t know where to find the DRL module or DRL relay is (or what the HLL it looks like..) I am not sure that is the problem either but I have a spare to test it with..(meaning another Cavalier). I got tired of trying to trace wires through the firewall so I`m asking you guys....help save the cavalier from me mounting tractor lights on the hood!!

Re: 1994 headlights not working
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:28 AM
well, I would first test the output at the switch, make sure it IS working for the headlights. Then I would check the relay, then move on from there.

Re: 1994 headlights not working
Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:10 PM
Hi and Thanks John!

I haven`t pulled the switch out (yet) but the reading I get on the light green and tan wires which according to my wiring dia. are coming from the switch have about 5v on BOTH of them when the DRL are on and also when I turn the switch on. I am not sure what this is telling me...the rest of the lights as I mentioned seem fine. The headlights look like they must find ground thru the DRL relay via dk blue =white wire (according the dia.) I don`t know where in the car that relay is located...Looking at the dia. it also appears that there is 2 DRL modules and another DRL relay . I don`t know if this is a 3 in 1 deal or if they are separate. Again, I am having a hard time telling which one is the right one...can`t see the wires going to it. I do see a greenish blue box above the fuse block that I think might be the DRL module. I`m trying NOT to rip the poor thing apart too much without knowing what I`m looking for.

Any guesses (or actually been there knowledge) of which one is which? (Maybe I should scan the wiring Dia. if it helps?)

thanks again
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search