Beater Problems - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Beater Problems
Saturday, February 14, 2009 3:31 PM
I have a 99 Cavalier 2200, auto with about 100 000kms on it that i use as a winter beater. We had some warm weather recently and ever since my car will not idle. I have to pump on the gas to get her started and when i come to a stop it stalls. It seems whenever I let the rpms drop below 1000 it will start to stumble, than die. I'm i right to think this is a fuel deliver problem? or is there a common problem i don't know about. I bought a fuel filter hoping it will be a easy fix. Do i need to buy a tool to get the stock filter off? when i did my old 95 lt1 i didn't need to buy a tool.

Re: Beater Problems
Sunday, February 15, 2009 8:46 PM
Well it wasn't the fuel filter, and i guess you do need a gm tool to get the stock filter off but i was able to break the old tab off, pull the filter out and then pulled out the metal clip. Either way it wasn't the fuel filter any other ideas??

Monday, February 16, 2009 6:10 PM
From my experience, if you have to pump the pedal to start, it is likely an injector that is leaking. Does it start perfectly if it sits for a day or two?

2.2 97 Cavalier......the "Crapalier"
Monday, February 16, 2009 7:13 PM
Masin tenn wrote:From my experience, if you have to pump the pedal to start, it is likely an injector that is leaking. Does it start perfectly if it sits for a day or two?
No i always need to hold the pedel down a little to get it started.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search