LN2 low gas mileage - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LN2 low gas mileage
Monday, April 13, 2009 10:00 AM
My car is a 2001 Pontiac sunfire with the LN2(2200) engine. I have been experiencing low gas mileage lately getting between 200-250 out a a tank of gas. Secondary issues to this has been that in wet weather the engine starts rough. It has been doing this for a little while and I am not completely sure what the root cause is. There mileage on the engine is 75,000 so it seems like it should still be delivering much higher gas mileage than it currently is putting out. Any thoughts suggestions has anyone else experienced these issues? I have searched but did not see anything to specific to this.

Do unto others as you would have done unto you

Re: LN2 low gas mileage
Monday, April 13, 2009 10:11 AM
well past due for a tune up, (new plugs, wires, air/fuel/oil change, pcv, front o2 sensor (ac delco ONLY), clean the throttle body and IAC, and seafoam the car.) should have been done at 50k if not earlier.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, April 13, 2009 10:43 AM
In extreme cases, the type of driving it is subjected to can account for a lot of that low mileage. The numbers you describe are typical for my LN2, but it is subjected to constant short-tripping.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Monday, April 13, 2009 11:14 AM
I short trip alot 10-20 miles if that as I live in an area with a good commuter system to. But tuning it up is def in order.

Do unto others as you would have done unto you
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search