Need a little edvice rad Fan Question. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need a little edvice rad Fan Question.
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:42 PM
I was looking @ my buddy 01 cavalier 2.2L 4 spd auto, I dont know whats up with it, once the car warms up get to 90C then lil over the fan kicks on thats all good, Ive noticed 3-5 mins later it still running, I look @ the temp gauge it just little over 90C no bigh deal, No overheating. i am guessing the Temperature sending unit?. Ive noticed though when u turn the car off, Start it back up. Fans off temp is still 90C. Also temp climbs little bit in drive-thur's nothing to crazy just little over 90C.

Any idea's guys?

thanks for youre help.

Re: Need a little edvice rad Fan Question.
Thursday, October 08, 2009 6:42 AM
It sounds normal to me or is it running to cold?Are you running the right mix of coolant?My Sunfire runs at 195 F.When idling for along time the fan kicks on and when at the drive-thru the fan kicks on sometimes but still normal.Now its getting colder with the cold air intake it takes awhile for it to warm up.As long as its not overheating.Maybe the thermostat is stuck open?If there where air in it,leaks,bad water pump,belt slipping ect. it would overheat.
Re: Need a little edvice rad Fan Question.
Thursday, October 08, 2009 9:59 AM
Cool thanks for the reply, Heres a small update, Ive borrowed my buddys car for the day to see whats up, The fans kicks on no problem, Now as I listed before the fan is staying on for 3-5 mins It rite on 90C, Also I went in the drive thru, For a test run, The temp creeped up little over 90C I heard the fan kick on, It also stayed on for a while, Then turned off, I am thinking the temp sedning has to be the problem, It make sense, Not getting a proper reading how does the ecu know when to turn off the fan. Also Ive checked with my friend what has been done to the car, New Belt with less 5000 kms on, New water Pump, Rad flushed new Coolant and / New thermostat , All the work done all the samne time, was performed by a lic Mechanic.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search