99' Z24 Cavalier Convertible coolant issues. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
99' Z24 Cavalier Convertible coolant issues.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:24 AM
Well I found this website and looks to be a good one for learning more about this ride. My fiance was having problems with her 99 Cavalier as it was leaking coolant like crazy yesterday. I narrowed it down after trying to find the leak for a while, well it finally was leaking enough to show me where it was coming from. I found out it was leaking from the water outlet that is on the driver side near the top of the motor. So I took it off and got a whole new unit after looking at it and it looked like it ate away part of the oring area along with the oring being toast. So I than put a new one on and hooked it all up and bam it was leaking again. This time it looks like the small 1/2" or 1/4" metal hose that just gets pushed into it the outlet and seals with a little rubber o ring. Is this happen a lot?

So now my question is, do I need to replace the whole hose, or do they sell these little o rings? I really didn't want to deal with pulling off that whole hose as you would need to take part of the exhaust cover off to get to one of the bolts which didn't look like fun.

Thanks for anyones help and input

Conrad

Re: 99' Z24 Cavalier Convertible coolant issues.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 6:28 AM
oh and that small metal coolant line goes from the overflow chamber into the water outlet.

Conrad
Re: 99' Z24 Cavalier Convertible coolant issues.
Thursday, March 25, 2010 2:25 PM
You can buy the rubber o rings, take the one you have off and go to a parts store. They ussualy have a variety of o rings so you can match it up to the one you need.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search