front wheel hub assenbly dieing to fast! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
front wheel hub assenbly dieing to fast!
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:08 PM
hey guys just wondering if anyone else has had a bitch of a time with the front hub assembles i have gone through 3 now on each side. 1st being the originals or so i think, at about 120km they were replaced by a mechanic. at about 150 i put on some myself, all to the manuals specifications.now at 185 their pooched again! now i didnt fork out the cash at the time for the good premium bearings when i replaced them myself.... just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or any advice but i dont want to keep forking out the money anymore lol. other than that car runs great! always keep it looking good aswell as regular maintenence.

Thanks!

Re: front wheel hub assenbly dieing to fast!
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:17 AM
Buy and use a premium bearing this time. I just changed both of mine out at 125K miles so we'll see if they hold up. I bought mine at a NAPA store.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 7:54 PM
NAPA bearings on all of my cars that needed them - never replaced them again (read: never NEEDED to replace them)

Autozone, Murrays (RIP), O'reilys, do carry good stuff, for about 65% of their stock, the rest is garbage (actually most of the manufactures that supply these companies don't conform to safety standards, actually IIRC NAPA is the only company who ONLY supplies standardized parts)

Not saying NAPA is perfect - but it is the only company I trust with parts (besides the manufacturer...sometimes...)

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:01 PM
Yeah probably just cheap replacements...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:25 PM
I had issue with my second replacement wheel bearings. I just bought Napa premium i notice the difference. Plus I alos had to replace my ball joints on my cavalier too. Now the car runs smooth on the roads now.
Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:22 PM
i hadd that issue but i didnt tighten the spindle nut on the hub and it was a cheap $50 auto zone one and i took it back i got oem one for 35 used and its been fine so oem is the way to go lol
Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:34 PM
Only had to replace my RF once

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:41 PM
Thanks boys! That helps alot. Definaltly gonna put some money into it!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search