93/94 Cavalier injectors - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
93/94 Cavalier injectors
Friday, March 18, 2011 7:37 AM
Does anyone know if the fuel injectors from a 94 cavalier 2.2 L are interchangeable with a 93 2.2L RS cavalier motor? And i guess, if the 93 motor will operate correctly with the ECM of the 94?
I have a 94 plain jane, beater cavalier, the 94 cav. motor blew and i found a 93 motor with 63K on it supposedly, but it will not run, it will fire a few times using starting fluid, but will not stay running. I figured maybe the injectors from sitting for who know how many years, might be stuck shut or corroded, so i swapped them with the injectors from the 94 motor, and 1 leaked and filled up a cylinder with fuel, I got a new O ring kit and will replace tomorrow, whats the best thing to do? The injectors from the 93 motor with 63K on it looked pretty clean, except for some gummy snot, but not much of it really. is there a way to test if the 93 injectors are operating correctly? TIA for any help. Bill

Re: 93/94 Cavalier injectors
Saturday, March 19, 2011 2:07 PM
I installed the 93 injectors back in, upon inspection there are different numbers on the injectors. As i figured, new O rings did not solve the problem. Anyone know about swapping engines? I have a couple plugs that i cannot find a home for. Is there any links to decent pictures of where the different sensors are and the routing of the wiring on these old tired things? TIA
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search