HELP!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP!!
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:42 AM
i was worken on my z24 today and left it up on jack stands all day and i think it bent the pench weld in a lot pulling the fender back because when i went to open my door it bent the fender in, how can i fix this so when i put a new fender in it wont bend that one as well?

Re: HELP!!
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:52 AM
so you jacked the car up on the front fender..........A new fender is in order.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 9:57 AM
no i didnt jack up the car up on the fender i jacked it up on the pinch weld and i think that pulled it back the fender is bent now and i do need a new one but i dont want the new one to bend too
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:00 AM
You could always pull the pinch weld back to where its suppose to be.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 10:10 AM
how do you do that?
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 11:16 AM
I guess it depends how bad, got any pics?
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 12:16 PM
Thats why I never put jack stands under the car unless its on a structural point, I commonly use the rear engine cradle bolts.
I also use the front lower radiator support, this is where they sit for me most of the time.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:30 PM
Ya I jack up the car from the lower radiator support as well. And I use the pinch weld but make sire to put it a little farther back towards the middle more.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:45 PM
well how do i fix this? i dont have any pics
Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:23 PM
Well first off...just bend the pinch weld back to how its suppose to be. If its flat I doubt it will do anything to the fender. Just take off the fender and see if your door hits anything that could cause anything to happen. It's kind of hard for me to explain how you can fix this other then you getting a fender and replacing it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search