ignition removal 96 cav - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ignition removal 96 cav
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 4:15 PM
Does anyone know how to actually get the ignition switch out? No speculation please. Meaning if you haven't done it don't comment.

Re: ignition removal 96 cav
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 4:29 PM
just remove the cover on the column behind the steering wheel. I think two bolts on the bottom. The switch will be up near the top and is just removed by two hex bolts. Unplug it and that is it. Even a cave man can do it, lol.

Monday, February 06, 2012 5:54 AM
Maurice Richardson wrote:Does anyone know how to actually get the ignition switch out? No speculation please. Meaning if you haven't done it don't comment.

Maybe you should just go buy a service manual. Or maybe just use the service manual that's on AutoZone's web site, instead of sounding like a cock.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Monday, February 06, 2012 9:51 PM
Look kid stay in your lane. Let. The only one who sounds like a cock is your mother after I pull mine outta her throat and your fahter gets sloppy seconds. Try it again my military specialty is finding peolpe who owe this country a dept. Be froggie and jump.
Monday, February 06, 2012 9:53 PM
Thanks
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 12:26 PM
Talking s*** on this forum is not going to get you anywhere, especially with people already well known here. Threats are not taken kindly, and you won't get the help and answers you need with that attitude.

Follow the directions Freelancer gave you, and if you have any more troubles you might want to consider getting a manual. There is a link around here somewhere for a 95-?? Haynes manual in PDF form downloadable frommmm mediafire I think. Its nice to have on hand anyway just in case you need it for something else. good luck
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 1:17 PM
I appreciate your response but when you someone gives advice you probably want to tell the other party not to insult or invoke such a response with his comment of "cock". Well know or not an ass is ass, it just makes them a well know ass.
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 2:08 PM
Maurice Richardson wrote:Look kid stay in your lane. Let. The only one who sounds like a cock is your mother after I pull mine outta her throat and your fahter gets sloppy seconds. Try it again my military specialty is finding peolpe who owe this country a dept. Be froggie and jump.

Try it pussy.

Lets put it this way. If you had any military specialty of the sort you'd be paid a bit more than you are. Which would mean you'd be driving something better than a used j-body. And even if you were driving one, you'd be able to afford to pay someone to fix it.... or get a service book from the parts store.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, February 07, 2012 8:59 PM
Why doesn't everyone just stop being pretentious dicks, and shut the f up.

Here's the service manual: http://fbdylvr.thruhere.net:9001/servlets/BlobShtml?ShtmlFile=601052&evc=sm&pubid=156&cellId=58857&mspsdsubkey=931

It's the same for all third gen J's. Are you talking about the switch itself? Or the lock cylinder? I've done it with a key... without you need to drill out the piece at the bottom of the lock mechanism. But just go to the link and you'll find everything you need.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search