Dent - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dent
Sunday, February 12, 2012 11:31 AM
So this happened to my car at some point over the past 3 or 4 days. I've only driven the car in the dark this last week with the exception of today. That's when I noticed the dent. I have a suction cup dent puller but I can't get it to grip well enough on the dent to actually pull it. I guy I work with suggested that I may be able to push it out from the inside if i can take the paneling off in the back seat. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Re: Dent
Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:05 PM
I can see from the suction cup mark you didnt bother to clean the area before trying to get a grip....that dirt isnt gonna help getting a good suction on it
Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:07 PM
Also....this appears to be the 2 Door....Mine is also a 2 Door and I can tell you messing around getting the interior panel out of the way is a pain in the ass and you need to be an acrobat to maneuver around inside taking it out.
Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:10 PM
Washed the car, dent popped out. Go figure? It has some wrinkles in in right now. Not impressed. But I guess it's better than a big dent.

Sunday, February 12, 2012 5:09 PM
I have a dent in the same location and its a LOT worse....some retard pulled out of a gas station as I was pulling in as if I wasnt right in front of him...a nice deep crinkled dent
Sunday, February 12, 2012 5:48 PM
Steve B wrote:I have a dent in the same location and its a LOT worse....some retard pulled out of a gas station as I was pulling in as if I wasnt right in front of him...a nice deep crinkled dent

Ouch. Insurance wouldn't cover it?

Monday, February 13, 2012 2:38 PM
Insurance covered it....his insurance paid me $2000 and I got to keep the car....it just had to be marked totalled. still 100% drivable just need to hit inspections before re-registering it in a few years
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search