P0118 no fan but gauge and data logging seems ok. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
P0118 no fan but gauge and data logging seems ok.
Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:12 AM
The electric fan is not coming on even when I turn the AC on. But my temp gauge works and my etc temps seem dead on in my live data. If it was a bad sensor wouldn't I have trouble with all these? Where is the sensor located?

Re: P0118 no fan but gauge and data logging seems ok.
Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:14 AM
I would test for power at the fan. If you don't have any power there, check the fan relay. If live data is showing good temps I wouldn't suspect that part first. Basically start at the fan and work back.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Saturday, August 18, 2012 6:13 PM
agree check fan relay and jump the relay to force the fan on. If it does not come on then replace the fan motor.

FU Tuning

Saturday, August 18, 2012 8:31 PM
I'll try to jump the relay tomorrow. Do you know which of the 2 I should jump on the 5 prong space? I did swap the relay out and the fuse with no change.

Sunday, August 19, 2012 2:33 PM
It was a bad fan motor, the p0118 was a result of the change in coolant temp from the fan not working.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 8:54 AM
yup. replaced a fan motor on mine a few weeks back that was causing me to get dangerously hot (maxing out in the red). you can test the fan with a power tool battery too...one to + and one to - and itll spin.
good thing is fan motors are $23 brand new at any store. easy fix.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search