No brakes, signals or rear-defrost - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No brakes, signals or rear-defrost
Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:58 AM
I have a 2000 Sunfire and just last week my signals, hazards, brake lights, and rear-defrost all stopped working. Everything else in the car works (lights, wipers, washer fluid). I can't seem to figure this out.

I replaced the brake switch and the multifunction switch, and nothing changed. I am going to buy a flasher relay, but that wouldn't explain why my brakes/rear-defrost don't work.

The bulbs are fine and the fuses are good.

Any idea why these would stop working suddenly? Is there something I overlooked?

If you post a solution could you also give me a walk-through of it. Just picked up this car 2 months ago so don't know much about it

Thanks

Re: No brakes, signals or rear-defrost
Friday, February 22, 2013 3:32 PM
Something to look into, there is a wiring harness that runs from the front of the car, to the back. There is a connector for it in the on the driver side on the outside wall bellow the computer under the carpet. There is one wire there that is a larger gauge than the other wires in the connector, that is the rear defogger wire. That wire is on the same size pin as the rest of the small gauge wires, and sometimes burns out. Yours may have burned out and taken a couple of other connections with it. I would check into that before you go and buy anything else to throw at it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search