water leak from ac inside rear passenger floor? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
water leak from ac inside rear passenger floor?
Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:25 AM
today i was trying to figure out why i have water in the right rear passenger floor. at first i thought it was the weather striping, so i took it off and cleaned it out, and looked and looked and couldn't determine that it is coming from the weather striping.

so i peeled the carpet off and it seems to be coming from center floor and towards the frontish. i don't have a notice able wetness in front but to me it seems it is coming from the ac water.

i'm not sure where to look next to try to fix this issue, if anyone could chime in would appreciate it.

thanks.

~1996 Cavalier LS 2.4L (auto)

Re: water leak from ac inside rear passenger floor?
Sunday, May 05, 2013 9:44 PM
Do you have a sunroof? Could be the drain tubes from that, if you do.

The a/c drain is in the engine bay, but if it's blocked it could potentially back up into the cabin. Never seen it happen though... heater core, yes.. but it would smell like coolant in your car. Plus the front carpet would have to be wet for it to run back there as well. I would look under the car and see if you've got any holes coming up from the bottom in that area.
Sunday, May 05, 2013 9:53 PM
im thinking it may be ur heater core leaking..

Monday, May 06, 2013 4:43 AM
no sun roof. also the water does not smell like coolant. i will check the heater core and ac drain and see, thanks.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 1:09 PM
A/C drain tube is plugged, water is filling the HVAC case until it spills on the floor board.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:05 AM
i have narrowed down that its not coming from AC water. but now that it poured rain other day and its wet again. still not sure where its coming from.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search