vibration - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
vibration
Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:06 PM
i recently picked up an 03 cavi with 140k on it. i got a pretty good deal on it, but it had a few issues that ive been trying to fix. first off when i bought it, it had a bent rotor which i have replaced both rotors and pads. this fixed the shaking its way to a stop. very very annoying. but now i have a harmonic vibration at and above 40mph. i know its on the right side of the car. when you preload the left side the sound goes away and when you preload the right side it gets worse, not a whole lot but a little worse. its not a vibration that shakes the car but its very noticeable going down the road.

so far ive done the brakes and rotors and changed the wheel bearing on the right side as well. the old one had no play in it what so ever though.

any ideas?

possibly slightly bent cv shaft?

Re: vibration
Friday, October 11, 2013 4:08 PM
Have you checked the tie rods?

Are you sure it's not being caused by bad motor mounts?
Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:39 PM
i have not looked in depth at the motor mounts at all, and im not really to sure what im looking for with tie rod ends i know the boots on mine are shot but as far as play and that sort of thing idk what to look for. the car does "wander" down the highway. no where near as bad as some old trucks ive driven but it does slightly do its own thing.
Saturday, October 12, 2013 10:11 PM
wheel hub bearings are notoriously prone to failure
Monday, October 28, 2013 2:36 PM
brakes/both rotors and right hand side wheel bearing have all been changed. i know its from the right side b/c of it getting worse and going away depending on which way the car is preloaded.
i looked and the top motor mount and the rubber looks shot so ill probably have to change it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search