TCC Solenoid - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TCC Solenoid
Tuesday, March 08, 2016 2:16 PM
I took my 03 Impala to a parts store and had the diagnostics run. The test showed a TCC Solenoid stuck on. They said to replace this 37 dollar part and all should be good my questions are where the heck is it? Is this going to make a mess with fluid? and how much time will it take to do on my own? I have no desire to spend big bucks on labor costs when it could be done at home and be a 10 minute job I've read other forums and it sounds like typically they are inside the pan but being my first time messing with a transmission I need some guidance.

Re: TCC Solenoid
Tuesday, March 08, 2016 9:49 PM
I cannot answer any part of your question in regards to said car.But let me give you some good simple advice and or tips.Typically the TCC switch that fails is due to the transmission fluid is well done.Basically the atf has lost it's properties/additive's to protect the internal components from (HEAT) and wear.I strongly suggest replacing the fluid and filter as just swapping a sensor and not the elements it will probably fail from again will knock out the new switch in no time(However) if your atf and filter are current and not say close to a change.My suggestions are several.I would purchase a GM shop manual on ebay and also get the simple Haynes or chiltons manuals from your local auto store.I would also recommend checking out youtube or maybe some sites that focus on the Impala specifically.I would not necessarily join the site to ask a silly ? just use there search engine and find any reference to the topic.I think if you do the Proper research and buy some type of manual is only going to HELP you later down the line.CHECK YOUTUBE!!!!! if that does not pan out try the Chevrolet forums for said car and just search it out.Last I find that if you do the HARD work to research a topic,learn it and even print off the information it will serve you better to understand how things work and save you $$$$$ and you gain the knowledge to share say after you do the work on youtube if it is not on there already.Just some good solid steps to learning how to figure out what to do,rather than asking tons of questions to for a answer.I do not mean this to be abrupt just so you can put the internet to work for YOU and gain a lot and yes asking ?ss are fine if you did the research but,had some secondary things you were not sure about before tackling a job you have not done.Best of luck and PLEASE buy a manual it will help you two fold in the long run.

Re: TCC Solenoid
Tuesday, March 08, 2016 9:57 PM
One more thing I forgot.If you join auto zones website as a member it gives you features to learn about things specific to your car.It does a fairly decent walk thru on items like component locations and some diagrams and it is FREEEEEEEE.You soley have to submit a user id and a password and then your in.You can research any car after that on the vehicle input box.It ask make,model, engine things like that.Very easy and again freeeeeee.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search