98 Cavalier no start. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 Cavalier no start.
Saturday, May 20, 2017 5:19 PM
1998 Cavalier RS started randomly shutting off while driving. It always started back up right away, so I didn't think much of it. I checked out the battery connection and the alternator and both seemed fine. Drove to work one day, and when I came out after work it would crank but not start. Now the theft system light is on. I did a search on the forum and found a lot of things to "relearn" the key. The keys we have don't have a chip in them. We have had the car for several years and we were both surprised when the theft light came on as as far was we knew there is no alarm or anything. I tried jump starting it since the battery went dead from trying to start it. It turns over but does not start. Everything else seems to be working fine, and other than the several hiccups of it shutting off at random, it was running smooth. Any help would be lovely.

Re: 98 Cavalier no start.
Monday, May 22, 2017 7:07 PM
I have a similar problem but I think my lifters are bad and are causing my no start. If you haven't checked your fuel pump, try that. Hope that helps.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search