2003 eco cavi injector cutoff? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2003 eco cavi injector cutoff?
Monday, June 26, 2017 3:42 PM
I have a 2003 eco cavi l61 with the 5spd geartrec. non abs. what is going on is car idles and revs fine when stationary (although it cranks a while and I have to let off the key a bit for it to fire) but when I drive forward or reverse I can go about a car length and it sputters and dies. fuel pump still running. I have 60psi of fuel pressure, vats disabled. what could it be?

Re: 2003 eco cavi injector cutoff?
Monday, June 26, 2017 6:00 PM
Erik Cleasby wrote:I have a 2003 eco cavi l61 with the 5spd geartrec. non abs. what is going on is car idles and revs fine when stationary (although it cranks a while and I have to let off the key a bit for it to fire) but when I drive forward or reverse I can go about a car length and it sputters and dies. fuel pump still running. I have 60psi of fuel pressure, vats disabled. what could it be?

I also experienced that before. However, mine turned ou to be a problem in the alternator.
Tuesday, June 27, 2017 10:53 AM
Crank sensor and/or associated wiring.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, June 27, 2017 10:53 AM
It's behind/under the starter. Good luck.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:46 PM
I also assume that it's the crank sensor. Did you have it checked already?
Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:48 PM
Was not crank sensor. What else could it possibly be?
Wednesday, June 28, 2017 7:22 AM
The wiring for it. That little adapter piece right before the sensor sometimes has problems and needs replaced. Don't cut it out and solder the right end on. That piece has a crossover in it I believe.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, June 28, 2017 5:31 PM
If it's not the crank sensor, then check the wiring next like what Y3llowCav mentioned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search