weird things happen ever since my battery died. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
weird things happen ever since my battery died.
Monday, July 03, 2017 5:42 PM
so today at work i forgot my lights on all day like an idiot lol. come back out obviously the battery was completely dead, so i hooked up the booster cables, first try still nothing came up on the dash so i got one of my coworkers to wiggle the clamp on the post and that did the trick, started right up and all of a sudden the engine reved up to 3k rpm and held itself there for a good 10 seconds then slowly came back down all the way to 500 rpm and almost stalled then evened itself out. now when i start the engine it starts sluggish and drops down to like 300rpm and goes back up to 900-1100 rpm. everytime i either come to a complete stop it drops down to -500 rpm and sometimes even stalls or even when im going into 2nd gear at low rpm it will try and stall. and if i rev it up when i stop it will do so perfectly fine but then drops back down and either stalls or almost stalls. never did this before until today when the battery died, no new engine codes either, just a knock sensor which has been there for half a year now and the service light is on because my drl module is @!#$ed. any help is greatly apreciated, so far ive checked the hoses that go from fuel regulator-intake and a few other hoses connected to the intake and they are all fine, unplugged the MAF sensor and it did nothing changed, tried with every accessory off (unplugged fuses) and still nothing.

Re: weird things happen ever since my battery died.
Monday, July 03, 2017 8:08 PM
Hunter Gaudet wrote:so today at work i forgot my lights on all day like an idiot lol. come back out obviously the battery was completely dead, so i hooked up the booster cables, first try still nothing came up on the dash so i got one of my coworkers to wiggle the clamp on the post and that did the trick, started right up and all of a sudden the engine reved up to 3k rpm and held itself there for a good 10 seconds then slowly came back down all the way to 500 rpm and almost stalled then evened itself out. now when i start the engine it starts sluggish and drops down to like 300rpm and goes back up to 900-1100 rpm. everytime i either come to a complete stop it drops down to -500 rpm and sometimes even stalls or even when im going into 2nd gear at low rpm it will try and stall. and if i rev it up when i stop it will do so perfectly fine but then drops back down and either stalls or almost stalls. never did this before until today when the battery died, no new engine codes either, just a knock sensor which has been there for half a year now and the service light is on because my drl module is @!#$ed. any help is greatly apreciated, so far ive checked the hoses that go from fuel regulator-intake and a few other hoses connected to the intake and they are all fine, unplugged the MAF sensor and it did nothing changed, tried with every accessory off (unplugged fuses) and still nothing.

It happened also to my car before, I checked all the hoses from the fuel regulator- intake and other hoses and yet I still have the same problem. When I went to a mechanic for him to see, he said that I should change my battery.
Re: weird things happen ever since my battery died.
Tuesday, July 04, 2017 9:26 PM
Go to advance auto or auto zone and have a charging system check for FREE.If your charging system is not working properly it effects ALL the electrical functions of the car especially sensors.If you have a multimeter the battery with the car turned off should show at least 12.6 volts (non running).If it shows any less than this variable your battery or alternator.Also checking your serpentine belt to ensure it is snug,not stretched,or loose can affect the alternator's ability to charge correctly.Just some idea's and get the free check suggested above.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search