2 totally unrelated questions / problems - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2 totally unrelated questions / problems
Friday, September 21, 2018 7:14 AM

1. My (manual / hand-crank) windows have become almost impossible to roll up or roll down. Is there a trick to fixing this and/or lubricating something somewhere before the force I have to use breaks something permanently?

2. This morning, I ran into/over/hit a median/curb going about 50mph. It was one of those concrete-only slim medians that is for left furns in both directions but the warning post/reflector wasn't there and it as dark so I ended up going full-speed directly on top of it which meant the lowest point under my car - the catalytic converter - took the full force of the impact before my left side wheels impacted it at different points to the left. The steering seems to be OK, but I got under the car with a flashlight and sure enough, it is obvious that the cat took a bad hit and had big deep scratches, gouges, and dents on the front and bottom. Now I am terrified. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with something like this? Is there anything to do other than just drive around and wait and see?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search