Anti-Theft Light on - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anti-Theft Light on
Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:55 AM
Hello All,
I have had some recent trouble with my 99 cavalier with the 2.2 engine manual. My car originally would start but die after about a second of running with no extra lights on the cluster. after a few tries the cluster went out completely. i thought the problem could be the computer so i swapped it out. the cluster was still dead. so i swapped out the cluster. since it got changed out the cluster has come back on but now the anti theft light is on. i have tried a few ways i found on forums to fix the problem such as the turn it on and wait 10 minutes 3 times both normal and with the sensor plug on the bottom of the ignition cylinder unplugged. i have also tried to start it with the gas pedal held down for a minute then letting it off for a minute and trying again. i was contemplating cutting the yellow wire from on the ignition sensor but i am hesitant to cut any wires. if anyone could offer any help or suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

Re: Anti-Theft Light on
Tuesday, February 25, 2020 9:51 PM
Ive had this issue. I dunno if any of these steps are mandatory but what worked for me was close all windows and doors, turn to acc for 10 mins. Turn key back and then try to start it

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search