electrical problem - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Archive
This thread has been archived. Posts that have been archived can not be replied to.
electrical problem
Sunday, May 09, 2004 9:52 PM
ok, i was driving down the road & all of a sudden my all my lights went out, then about 5 seconds later the engine shut off. i pulled to the side of the road, & restarted the car & turned my lights on but ever idiot light was on including theft & the DRL light was blinking fast. & then my lights were very dim, so i changed out my Battery, it fixed the idiot lights but when i rev the engine w/ my lights on they flicker and the ABS & Brake light comes on. I don't know exactly what the problem is but i'm thinking altenator.

<br>

www.mobilewestonline.com
www.importtunerforum.com

Re: electrical problem
Sunday, May 09, 2004 9:59 PM
Your ground wire may be rusted out, check that while your at it too, could be cheaper than the alternator.

<br>

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, May 09, 2004 10:10 PM
everything is rust free, i just changed my wires about a month ago <br>

www.mobilewestonline.com
www.importtunerforum.com
Sunday, May 09, 2004 10:11 PM
Check all your connections then, the one that attaches to the transmission block may have come loose.

<br>

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, May 09, 2004 10:37 PM
every thing is tight & rust free. checked fuses which are fine, so i don't know what could be wrong <br>

www.mobilewestonline.com
www.importtunerforum.com
Monday, May 10, 2004 3:53 AM
test battery to see how many volts r pumping out.u may need a new altanator
Monday, May 10, 2004 5:54 PM
ok i had my altenator tested & it was bad, so i changed it out & now i'm having a problem w/ the theft system, car starts but shuts off. I tried unhooking the battery to reset the ecu. And also tried leaving the key in the on position for a while w/ no luck.

I have no idea what to do. <br>

www.mobilewestonline.com
www.importtunerforum.com
Monday, May 10, 2004 9:30 PM
alright some how i i got the car running fine but now, some idiot lights are on in the dash.

Battery, oil, water, Brake, ABS, Theft System, & my temp gauge no longer works

Any ideas? <br>

www.mobilewestonline.com
www.importtunerforum.com
Tuesday, May 11, 2004 1:03 PM
check the ground to the frame of the car. My old car was doing the same thing. the factory ground to the frame goes from the battery to the battery tray, I baught a ground strap and bolted it to the frame of the vehicle itself. It fixed my problem. good luck
Wednesday, May 12, 2004 8:53 AM
Ok all of my connections were good & clean. But like i said above the cluster is messed up. I've checked all the connections to that also.

?

<br>

www.mobilewestonline.com
www.importtunerforum.com
Forum Archive
This thread has been archived. Posts that have been archived can not be replied to.

Start New Topic Advanced Search