ecotec swap - problems - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec swap - problems
Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:40 PM
well we got the swap done last year...but we used the harness of the 2.4..well to pass STUPID ECHECK in ohio you cant have a check engine light..well in order to fix mine i had to get an eco computer and harness...ok done deal

the computer and harness are from the same car so i dont understand the problem

it starts and runs for like 3 seconds and stalls...many of you say "theft system"

well the theft light doesnt blink and i have ran the reset system...the 10 minute thing and nothing happened...i did it like 4 or 5 times...the light didnt even blink on the dash..we hear the fuel kick on when we turn the key to run

does anyone have any ideas?!

Re: ecotec swap - problems
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:35 AM
anyone? i dont have a car til i figure it out...someone told me a tech2 might help it?

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:50 AM
huh

have you tried to prime it a few times
maybe you have a fuel line leak

what is the c.e.l. code?

Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:03 AM
there isnt a code anymore since we put the new computer and harness in...the motor starts up fine but dies after 2 senconds of running...like the theft system would cause it to do..but ithe theft light isnt blinking or anything

Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:21 PM
Im having that problem today accually, ell turns out my pump died, It ran PERFECTLY fine untill now, Pump still sounds normal but just isint pumping, Unbolt the fuel line where it onnects to the fuel pressure regulator and try and crank the car the fuel should flow out, not sputter,(or do anything at all like in my case)

try that

Friday, February 18, 2005 2:16 PM
alright ill try that

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search