HELP! AUTO-MANUAL SWAP DONE. NEED V.I.N ASAP - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP! AUTO-MANUAL SWAP DONE. NEED V.I.N ASAP
Monday, February 14, 2005 9:12 PM
I did a auto to 5spd swap over the weekend. I'll tell u all about it later...Right now I need a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN#) for a 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Manual (5spd) Transmission.

I need the numbers in order to get my ECU reflashed. For some strange reason the ECU is NOT telling the Alternator to charge the battery, which causes the battery to die.

The car is at my dealership (where I work) Believe it or not there was NOT one 97' Cavy or even a Sunfire with a 2.2L that was a 5sp (heh thats my luck)

The other thing is the front blue plug...is still unplaged...Anybody know what that is...SunCavi (Jasmin Buric) You've done this help a brother out man

THIS IS AN EMERGENCY I NEED THIS WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE OF HOURS . SO I CAN RE-FLASH THE ECU. IN ORDER TO FIND OUT WHY THE ECU ISNT TELLING THE ALTERNATOR TO CHARGE...

I apologize for te CAPS, and if its in the wrong forum...I just really really need help

Thanx

Re: HELP! AUTO-MANUAL SWAP DONE. NEED V.I.N AS
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:39 AM
From an RS Coupe: 1G1JC124XVM132323

Just look around on autotrader or something.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:12 AM
the ecu is not telling the battery to charge? lol, the alternator isn't controlled by the ecu

either its not connected correctly, or there is something draining your battery, or your battery is dead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:51 AM
^^^^ exactly what he said

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search