grinding noise from front driver side in reverse - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
grinding noise from front driver side in reverse
Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:59 AM
well, i can't remember when the problem started, but it has been there for at least a month or so now. basically, when i put the car in reverse, and back up, as soon as i push on the brakes, i get a really bad grinding sound. it almost sounds like the pads are gone and grinding on metal, but when i use the brakes in normal driving, i get no noises at all.

i'm probably just going to take it in somewhere and have them check out under there "Free Brake Inspection," because I don't have the time to jack it up and pull everything off right now.

any ideas would be helpful.

gettin' organizized...

Re: grinding noise from front driver side in reverse
Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:02 AM
first, as a future mechanic, if u go to a place to get a brake inspection, let them do the work. people on here that talk about screwing mechanics like that really piss me off

your rear drum shoes are probably gone, seeing that inreverse u use them to brake alot more then normal.

-Borsty
Re: grinding noise from front driver side in reverse
Saturday, February 26, 2005 11:22 PM
Borsty wrote:first, as a future mechanic, if u go to a place to get a brake inspection, let them do the work. people on here that talk about screwing mechanics like that really piss me off

your rear drum shoes are probably gone, seeing that inreverse u use them to brake alot more then normal.

thanks man, that's what i've been hearing. i'll probably take it in this week.

gettin' organizized...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search