stuck in 5th gear!!! Help!!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stuck in 5th gear!!! Help!!!
Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:40 AM
Last night, shifted into 3rd gear, and it wasn't there, I automatically thought it was my clutch, but I could get into 1st gear. I drove slowly back to my house and when I got in the driveway I tried to get into the other gears and couldn't . The shifter moves front and back, but not side to side. After playing with the shifter I got the car into 5th gear, well now its in 5th and thats it. I can move the shifter into the REverse position, but I'm still in 5th. Any ideas as to what it is? The clutch holds, so is it the tranny? Maybe shift cables\? Broken shifter? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: stuck in 5th gear!!! Help!!!
Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:54 AM
Transmison cable buddy.. take it in to a shop, it dont cost that much to get fixed...
Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:29 PM
Thanks, I actually figured thats what it would be, but with my luck it would be something worse. Right after I posted, I crawled under the car and saw the cable all freyed. Anyway, I called Autozone to get a price on it and they don't have them??? Is it a dealership only part? If so, has anyone bought one and know how much they cost? Its Sunday, and the dealerships are closed. If not I will find out tommorrow.
Sunday, February 27, 2005 5:08 PM
joey k wrote:Transmison cable buddy.. take it in to a shop, it dont cost that much to get fixed...

manuals have transmission cables?.......... um.

-Borsty
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search