Clutch Problems (Loose) - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch Problems (Loose)
Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:47 PM
Well today I got in the car and pressed on the clutch on my 2002 Cavalier and the freaking clutch has no tension or resistence to it (Very Loose feeling) I have to press it all the way down, just right, in order to shift into gears............Is it a spring or screw that is loose or messed up......anyone ran into the same problem......I'm going to take it to the Factory to check it out on Monday, to see what's up with it and it better be nothing major and my extended warranty better kick in, cause I'm about to order my Tokico D-Spec's w/ S-techs this coming week, so it better goes as planned.....I hope!!!!!!

Re: Clutch Problems (Loose)
Sunday, February 27, 2005 12:14 AM
Never mind, I probably just need clutch fluid, hopefully no leak........Never mind about the spring or screw, I don't know what I'm talking about......live and learn........Why does that damn hand book manual say u do not need to check manual transaxle fluid unless u suspect a leak.....that's just retarded, unless someone could explain otherwise.
Sunday, February 27, 2005 5:28 PM
hand book manuals suck firstoff.

your system could be leaking from inside the bellhousing, it happened to my dads truck, its hard to see that leak. and u might not notice it leaking, who knows.

check the fuild.

and yes your correct there is no springs or screws. (on a hydralic clutch anyways.)

-Borsty
Sunday, February 27, 2005 5:40 PM
...or you could have air in the line.

I am presently ripping my transmission apart and yes, some of the hand books really do suck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search