Remote Start not working? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Remote Start not working?
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:56 PM
i installed my air/fuel gauge and i ran the power to the fuse panel on the side of the dash, to a yellow fuse. Well, i accedently created a spark somewhere on the fuse panel and now my remote start is not working. I checked all fuses and they are all good. I have the Autolock 850LCD and when i hit remote start on the key, the parking lights go on as if it has started and also the remote says the car started, but the car dosent start at all. It dosent even try to start or anything. Any help?

Re: Remote Start not working?
Friday, April 08, 2005 7:20 AM
You may have fried the brain module by shorting something. Does the unlock / lock work and is there any electrically burning type smell. If so u may be looking at replacing the brain module
Friday, April 08, 2005 8:31 AM
do u have autolock or autopage? i have the autopage 850lcd thats weird let me know

Saturday, April 09, 2005 8:12 AM
the locks do work, and there is no burning smell, It is the autopage 850lcd.

Monday, April 11, 2005 6:22 PM
anyone?

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:06 AM
Was this RS installed by u, if not ur probably overlooking the fuse aspect, There will be 2 or 3 fuses located underneath the dash that would control the ignition, acc and starter. If those fuse's are ok then verify that all wire harness's are properly plugged into the brain. Try resetting the brain by removing all harness's for 30 sec's and reinserting. If that still dosn't work verify with a dimm that u do have power going to the main harness, the lock / unlock are usually controlled by a secondary power source which would explain why their still working. If there is power and everything checks out ok then i'm almost certin it's ur brain module gone dead even the slightest electrical shock can cause it to go. Ur last option is to take it to a RS shop and see if there willing to swap the brain module for a new one to test. You can also post directly at www.the12volts.com as they are experts at this stuff. Hope this helps
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 6:30 PM
thanks, ill take a look at it tomorrow and let you konw.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:17 PM
all it was was 2 fuses under the dash, thanks for your help!

Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:44 AM
No problem
Thursday, April 14, 2005 3:37 PM
Jason can i have that girl in your profile please?

Thursday, April 14, 2005 3:37 PM
* siggy i mean..not profile..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search