Command start question - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Command start question
Monday, November 28, 2005 4:01 PM
k i got a little quesiton here. i'm thinking about putting command start in my car. Its a 1996 Sunfire Gt 2.4 Automatic. Do i need to get some kind of theft system by-pass for the command start or..... do command start kits come with this included? any help please, and costs apprx. (canadian) thanks for any help

Re: Command start question
Monday, November 28, 2005 6:40 PM
No and no. Wait until Prostart units go on sale at Canadian Tire again approx $80.00. 800 ft. + range easy to install stay away from the Bulldog units from Walmart. Very poor range but they are very cheap to buy.Less than $50.00.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Monday, November 28, 2005 7:08 PM
Your gonna have to bypass the passlock anti-theft system if your installing a remote start.

Peter
'06 Cobalt ss/sc W/G85 Package
Gm Stage II W/2.79" Pulley
K&N Drop In Filter
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 2:59 AM
^ Like he said. You need the bypass module witch is another 50$.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 5:56 PM
where do i get this bypass? how do i know if i have pass lock? isn't that the little chip on your key? cause if it is, i don't have it. I hope this makes sense thanks again.. i think i'm going to wait till boxing day, when they really go on sale. any ideas on this pass lock??
Wednesday, November 30, 2005 3:11 AM
Every Cavy from 96-05 have the Passlock. It's not on the key, it's in the Ecm/Bcm.

You can get it at the same place you buy the starter kit.

Honestly, have them install it. I check the price around here and it's the same price when they install it.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search