wth is this? - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wth is this?
Saturday, July 30, 2005 3:26 PM
6. I want to add on an aftermarket performance product. Will I pass my smog test? back to top

We hate to admit it but unfortunately most of the aftermarket performance products that you run across are NOT authorized for California street use, and will definitely posse an emissions threat. If you want to enhance your vehicle's performance but don't want to fail the smog test, read the fine print on some of the products out there. You're going to want to find a product which has an Executive Order number. EO numbers are given only to performance products which the State of California has inspected and approved for street use. Performance Products with EO numbers can pass the smog test. Most manufactures of these products will stamp the EO number on their product. In some cases EO Numbered decals are provided with the component and required to be placed under the vehicle's hood. At any rate, the smog station which will be inspecting your vehicle must have the EO number readily available, either via a decal, stamp or the specific component's manual. Your vehicle will fail the smog test if you are not able to provide EO numbers for you performance products.

Can someone explain this to me?

Forever a work in Progress

Re: wth is this?
Saturday, July 30, 2005 4:21 PM
in order not to fail the visual, youll need a "carb #" or "oe" number for that aftermarket part. i just took this pic. i hope it helps. good luck.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Saturday, July 30, 2005 4:52 PM
oh jesus does it never end?

I don't remember having an OE number on my old intake.

but I got rid of that. oh well.. jeez... how the hell do you guys keep modded cars and pass smog?

Saturday, July 30, 2005 5:39 PM
Quote:

how the hell do you guys keep modded cars and pass smog?

by using exactly what i have pictured, and i have not had to smog since i had purchased my car brand new in 2000.
now your going to have to face the fact that not everyone knows about the carb issues in california. im just glad he had asked rather than assume, or get in trouble. apparently he had done some kind of research to have found what he is questioning on. yes, you may have been able to smog your car with a piece of PVC pipe duct taped to your t/b, but it doesn't mean this guy is not intelligent, nor does it mean that CARB and OE doesn't exist. plenty of people have been turned away and/or ticketed for not having the proper legal equipment on their engines. please keep an open mind when you see a question from a fellow jbody owner that you believe EVERY ONE should know the answer to NOW.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Saturday, July 30, 2005 5:41 PM
oh $#!t. I thought you were someone flaming on the author.
sorry man. but yea. im glad you had asked and i hope that you find what you need.

-Www.IznTrbl.Com-
Monday, August 01, 2005 10:53 AM
CARB = EVIL

cali is the most strict sate for emissions , and any aftermarket part has to be approved

Monday, August 01, 2005 12:17 PM
I'm gonna try to pull off something crazy

my car and my license and everything is registered in nevada and I'm probably only gonna be down here for a few years.

I wonder if I called the nevada DMV and got in touch with a rep and asked them if I could keep my stuff registered nevada...

do you think they'd turn away the money? I mean they really have no reason too....

I'm just pretty much down here for college right now. maybe they'll let me slide?

Monday, August 01, 2005 1:20 PM
by cali law you have to have all your stuff switched over with in 10 days

i got pulled over and told this , i got lucky and BS'd my way out

only way to really get away from is to have some legal ties to NV , or be in the military , also students are relaxed

but you gotta be able to talk to the cops with out 2nd guessing your words and the way you talk to them

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 3:32 AM
actually I do have some legal ties. I have some payments yet to make on my pc. I took the loan out from a private lender in nevada of course.

and of course some of my scholarships are from businesses in nevada. and all of my information and licenses are registered in nevada. Even my school has me down as "attending from nevada" which means my residence, according to them, is still nevada.

I'm gonna give it a try. it's completely worth it.

Friday, August 05, 2005 12:19 AM
or you could just throw a grenade into the smog place.. ::nodnod:: that would solve what ails 'em.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/killboxz24
Friday, August 05, 2005 9:28 AM
Kill Box wrote:or you could just throw a grenade into the smog place.. ::nodnod:: that would solve what ails 'em.

be better to nuke um !!

the smog stations are growing faster than the hispanic population in cali

Friday, August 05, 2005 12:39 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]
Kill Box wrote:or you could just throw a grenade into the smog place.. ::nodnod:: that would solve what ails 'em.

the smog stations are growing faster than the hispanic population in cali

Do what I plan on doing, make friends with somebody who owns a smog shop or works at one, or pay somebody who knows somebody who runs a smog shop.

It's risky for both you and the owner, but I doubt anybody would catch you.

Friday, August 05, 2005 11:31 PM
hey man that's racist! I'm hispanic!

woooh watch out I'm gonna take your jooobs.

yeah right. haha I'm too busy with college @_@ it's crazy. mid terms are next week

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search