Accident opinions? - Page 3 - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Accident opinions?
Wednesday, November 02, 2005 2:13 PM
I'm planning to fix it myself........

But I just have a sick feeling that I'm going to have to let the car go.

The insurance company is supposed to call me soon to tell me where my car is at. All they could tell me was that it was in Colton. Which is bull@!#$ because I keep calling the @!#$ insurance company and it keeps going to their voicemamail and they're not returning my messages.

I don't think it's going to turn out very good......

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 2:17 PM
quit freaking out dude. once you get your car back gimme a call. we'll take off all the broken parts. worry about the cosmetics AFTER we see if we can get it to run. let me know when you find out whats going on.

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, November 03, 2005 8:27 PM
Well, here's my car at the salvage/auction yard........

Oh and here comes the best part. Some F tard that either works at the body shop, or works at the salvage yard stole my amp! Here's what is left.....

Not only that....but someone stole my Optima RedTop battery!

Oh, one last thing, somehow my bumper got misplaced! How the @!#$ do you lose a bumper!?!?!?!? You might ask why I would really care........well it's because I wanted my personalized license plate back.

It's been a pretty crappy day, and no one will re-imburse me for the loss of the amp and battery.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 10:26 PM
damn, dude that sucks.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 10:47 PM
id be threating to sue for the parts

i kinda wanted the grills , lol

did adam email you about the intake , atleast they left that behind

and that looks 100% fixable for under 2000.00

Friday, November 04, 2005 11:54 AM
dude, from the previous pics, there wasn't anything wrong with the bumper or drivers fender...was there something the pics didn't show? sucks about your stereo too...i'd be sueing. the bumper and fender are another 500 bucks or so if you go new...

GO PATS!!!
Friday, November 04, 2005 3:25 PM
Here is the passenger fender, you can see the problem......

Here is the drivers fender along with the driver's corner lamp. I don't see anything wrong with it (corner lamp wasn't broken either), but I think they wanted to replace as much as possible to try and rack up the bill.......

You can see that the corner lamp isn't sitting straight, but I think it is because it can't clip onto the headlight assembly (because obviously the headlight was broken).

And here is one of the bumper.....there wasn't much damage to it, just light scratches and it was torn in one spot.......

So yea, the bumper definately could have been re-used, there was no need to throw the whole damn thing away.

Friday, November 04, 2005 4:23 PM
I would let your insurance company know what happend. They might reimburse you for the parts stolen.

-sommer

Friday, November 04, 2005 7:03 PM
you have enough pictures, you shouldn't have a problem getting free reimbursement for the stolen parts. i'll garuntee that what happened is, they had another wrecked cavy in the lot and used your parts to fix the other car. garuntee it. you need to get your car back soon, i wouldn't be surprised at all to find more parts missing next time you see it.

GO PATS!!!
Friday, November 04, 2005 7:47 PM
Well, I just got the call from my insurance company, they're offering me $4,590 for it. I believe this is including my missing amp and front license plate. I think that's a fairly reasonable price. They're faxing over the details as to how they came apart this price. I will get the fax tomorrow.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 12:20 AM
Sparks (Puddin') wrote:i wouldn't be surprised at all to find more parts missing next time you see it.

I wouldn't either.

I wouldn't try and fix it if I was him either.

When we went to that yard, we had good intentions, we planned on placing everything back in it's normal spot and making it look clean.

But then we realized all this crap happened and nobody cared, so we ripped the dash out (well i unbolted it, but still..) and we took the navigation/dvd thing out, took the harness, shoved the old CD player back in, didn't connect it, threw the dash together (didn't even bolt it back on or anything).

I took out the intake and then just slapped the stock one back on. I shoved the intake onto thew throttle body so if anybody tries starting it the throttle would probably stick. The battery leaked onto the body and already started corroding it. There was this one wierd piece to the intake I couldn't figure out what it was so I just threw it in there.

We basically treated it like a pick-a-part car. If I knew he was going to keep it, I wouldn't have done everything so half assed. It's just ruined now. It's not even worth it anymore.

It still sucks what happened, and what happened is unavoidable, but I think the Cavalier has served its purpose and will probably still have problems even if you fixed it. Not only that, but the place drained all of his freon, cut the lines to his compressor it looked like, and it looked like the wiring for the starter was messed up too (probably why it wouldn't even crank when you turned the key).

I'm not trying to be mean, but I think he will enjoy having a new car, he's been wanting one for a while, and this is just one painful way to make it happen finally.

Saturday, November 05, 2005 1:34 AM
I would take it as long as they pay off the car.....Go and buy yourself a new cavy!

Saturday, November 05, 2005 6:38 AM
a new cavy? why go from one pile to another?

if you don't keep the car, will the insurance pay the rest of it off or is that still your responsibility?

let me know if you want chris to talk to his friend about a used car. he sells mostly fords, but right now he has a blue (like my cav) extended cab s10. i think its a 2000 or somewhere around there. its an automatic with the 2.2

sucks to lose your car, but if you already want a new one, mike's right, this could be the opportunity. i know i probably wouldn't save mine if i crashed it up a little bit....

let me know dude

GO PATS!!!
Monday, November 07, 2005 12:23 PM
hey ron, if you're selling the car can i have some parts?

GO PATS!!!
Monday, November 07, 2005 12:56 PM
What parts are you looking for? Lol

Stupid me forgot to take the autotrans interceptor off of the car! Damn it!!!!!!!!!

As far as I am concerned, I don't think it's my car anymore..........

I can probably go down there still and pull something off, I'm not sure.......I want to go back and get the autotrans interceptor.

Monday, November 07, 2005 1:12 PM
i'd take the auto trans interceptor off your hands, unless you're buying another cavy.

GO PATS!!!
Monday, November 07, 2005 1:14 PM
oh and the strut tower bars too...again, if you're not planning on another j

GO PATS!!!
Monday, November 07, 2005 5:25 PM
Sparks (Puddin') wrote:oh and the strut tower bars too...again, if you're not planning on another j

Wanna help a poor guy out and give me some money for these items? I need to get a new car. I'll give you a good price. Haha

Monday, November 07, 2005 5:26 PM
how much for 'em both? and what about the auto trans deal...? feel like going back to visit sandy one more time?

GO PATS!!!
Monday, November 07, 2005 5:27 PM
$100.00 and you can have all three items.

Monday, November 07, 2005 5:38 PM
done deal...you gotta show me how to do the auto trans cuz you've done it before. when's the next day you don't work?

GO PATS!!!

Monday, November 07, 2005 5:41 PM
Awesome, the auto trans is really simple, all you gotta do is plug it in. I don't work on Thursday if you wanna do it then, I have class at 1:50 so if you get home before then we can do it. By the time I get out of class it's usually dark outside and it's sorta difficult to adjust the auto trans with a flashlight. I'm gonna try and go down to Copart tomorrow and swipe it from my car.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 11:39 AM
thursday sounds good dude. i'm normally home around 1145ish. i can come to your house or you can come to mine, doesn't matter. let me know.

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 4:15 PM
ron, i'm going to bed in like 3 hours...what are we doing?

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 9:40 PM
dont forget the intake

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search