For all Socalj's members - South Pacific Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
For all Socalj's members
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:29 AM
Ok i know that we have talked about the do's and don'ts to being in the club now that everyone is geting the logo for the car i need a contract signed by everyone so that we have it on record that you agree to the regulations. So what i want to do is have everyone add to the list to make it effective. After we set what we want to have in the contract i will write it up and email it to everyone and everyone will e-sign and email it back to me. Thanks

Re: For all Socalj's members
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 7:34 AM
1.ALL SOCALJ'S MEMBERS MUST ATTEND ALL MEETINGS.(UNLESS PRIOR NOTICE IS GIVEN)
2.THERE IS NO RACING ON THE HIGHWAY OR ANYWHERE ELSE THAT ISN'T A TRACK.(I.E. QUALCOMM)

Is there anything else that should be added?

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:52 AM
Yup, that the club logo is property of So Cal J's and we may ask you to remove it at anytime. We should copyright that thing....I dont know about you guys, but I dont want a bunch of non-members driving around with our logo on their car.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 11:25 AM
ok i like that idea i will add that but at the end of all the Rules and Regulations. Also do you know how much a copyright cost? about $200 but hey if we put our money together the we can do it.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 12:26 PM
3. THERE WILL BE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS/NAME CALLING/BASHING ON OTHER MEMBERS, ON OR OFF THE FORUMS.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 12:28 PM
Sommer wrote:Yup, that the club logo is property of So Cal J's and we may ask you to remove it at anytime. We should copyright that thing....I dont know about you guys, but I dont want a bunch of non-members driving around with our logo on their car.

I can honestly say that I don't think that would be a problem. This club is so small, that it will probably never spread outside JBO (at least for some time) I mean, how often do you see cars with jbody.org stickers? my .02

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:15 PM
Kenny Baldwin wrote:1.ALL SOCALJ'S MEMBERS MUST ATTEND ALL MEETINGS.(UNLESS PRIOR NOTICE IS GIVEN)
2.THERE IS NO RACING ON THE HIGHWAY OR ANYWHERE ELSE THAT ISN'T A TRACK.(I.E. QUALCOMM)

I guess I'm out / not in.

But seriously, why can't it just be a casual type thing.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:28 PM
I dont really see a problem with people having our logo on the car but, if someone is asked to leave the club I dont want them to keep the logo on their vehicle.

Kenny: Just print out the logo, and snail mail it to yourself. When you get it dont open it, just keep it in the envelope. The post mark will show the time around when the logo was created.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:41 PM
ok sommer i will do that today also why don't you want to be in tom? is there something you don't agree with?

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:42 PM
i agree with Tom, it should be more casual, making meets mandatory is kind of odd

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:44 PM
1.ALL SOCALJ'S MEMBERS MUST ATTEND ALL MEETINGS.(UNLESS PRIOR NOTICE IS GIVEN)
3. THERE WILL BE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS/NAME CALLING/BASHING ON OTHER MEMBERS, ON OR OFF THE FORUMS.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:47 PM
Ok this is why we say that. How many ppl do you know that wanted a car club to join? I know alot but when it comes down to making a club then going to meets it is always something. All we ask is tell us before we want ppl who really want to be in the club ppl that are for real. correct me if i am wrong sommer

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 1:57 PM
this is what was said earlier about mandatory
JediZ28
Sunday, November 20, 2005 1:36 PM

mandatory huh, good thing im not a member

Re: FIRST SoCal J's Meet!! Quote Reply

Kenny Baldwin Online
Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:31 PM

see that is the reason why wee don't need ppl like that. everyone wants a race club for so cal but then they see something they don't like they cry about it. We want ppl who are dedicated to the club. I think everone will agree with me RIGHT!?

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 3:23 PM
^^^^^100% correct

Why be in a car club if you never show up to the meets?

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 3:26 PM
Kenny Baldwin wrote:this is what was said earlier about mandatory
JediZ28
Sunday, November 20, 2005 1:36 PM

mandatory huh, good thing im not a member

Re: FIRST SoCal J's Meet!! Quote Reply

Kenny Baldwin Online
Sunday, November 20, 2005 3:31 PM

see that is the reason why wee don't need ppl like that. everyone wants a race club for so cal but then they see something they don't like they cry about it. We want ppl who are dedicated to the club. I think everone will agree with me RIGHT!?

I'm not in it for racing, i'm in it to meet some new people and to hang out with some other jbody owners. In fact you will probably never see my car on the track. That's why I want it casual. everyone wants to be a part, but you can't expect them to work their busy lives around a car club. this is senseless arguing and I apologize

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 3:32 PM
Kase wrote: That's why I want it casual. everyone wants to be a part, but you can't expect them to work their busy lives around a car club. this is senseless arguing and I apologize

Agreed.

The Idea of a club is cool, but I wouldn't want a huge sticker on my car.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 3:40 PM
btw, I know someone who was part of an actual racing team. When his kids started getting older and he needed to take them places and be at their football games and stuff, they replaced him on the team just because he couldnt commit to every weekend. Even though he wanted to be a part of it. soon after, the team broke up because other members faced the same problem. the car now sits un-driven. Now we arent even a sponsered team and we are throwing all these same rules? It could tear the club apart before it even starts. That's why i say what i did

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:24 PM
Ok i guess you aren't understanding what we are saying. We are not a race team. We are just a car club we just want ppl to be dedicated to the club. Not to be in it just to say i am in a car club. If you don't wait the sticker then i don't know what to say. We are trying to show everyone who we are and who we represent. I want everyone to know who i am and who i roll with. I want them to join the club so i have to represent. Look what happend on dec 9th we all showed up and ppl were looking at our cars talking to us and saw that we were a club and we got two new ppl in the club. If we don't set rules now then when we get bigger then it will be wild. I just want ppl who will come if you can't make it like we said just call or say something to us. let us know that you can't make it. that is all we ask is that wrong?

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:25 PM
Whats so hard about meeting up once a month? We all know ish happens and dont expect you to show up in a tight situation. The point I believe Kenny is trying to make is dont commit and say you will be in the club and participate, then we done see you for 3 months.

As far as the big stickers go, it would be up to Kenny if he wanted to but we could get smaller stickers for some people....

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:35 PM
good points. I understand

I am interested in smaller size sticker. I want to get the word out as much as you do, but I don't want my car to be a giant advertisement

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 5:50 PM
Kase wrote:

I am interested in smaller size sticker. I want to get the word out as much as you do, but I don't want my car to be a giant advertisement

Im sure we can work something out. Maybe just a small sticker to put about your 3rd brake light.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:33 PM
Like i said to everyone let me know what you want a nd i will see if i can get it for you

Thursday, December 22, 2005 1:16 PM
yeah I'd like to believe that this is fairly negotiable.

I understand that people are busy so we can work around some things. we'll just see how it goes.

Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:35 PM
thats pretty ridiculous u act like all the members are your little puppets.. it would be way better to have a casual club. Rules and regulations n @!#$ i left that behind in skool this is a car club not something you should have neg. consequences for if u dont do something right lol

Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:57 PM
We have simple rules like this because we are all putting stickers on our cars and we dont want to be singled out because of one stupid ass. If one cop catches a member street racing word is going to get out that we are a street racer crew, in which we are not.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search